Deal Check: 2021 Volvo XC40 T5 Momentum

You have no idea what you are talking about. Dealers can choose to give their advertisement fee to a customer, hence 6%, and it does not violate the terms. Selling below invoice is a violation of the program rules, but is not fraud. Dealers get charged back by Volvo and forfeit their 2% a-plan bonus. Fraud would be playing with the numbers to show the selling price at invoice while selling at below invoice.
In any case, we use 6% as the way to approximate invoice pricing, not to give the exact number.

1 Like

Did you also work out your target price based on the current programs per my suggestion before contacting them?

BS from dealer. You can put any new car discount with costco.

The bear is right.

Yes, but not sure if 12% off msrp is achievable? This is what Culver City has quoted me so far. It’s only 8.6% including the Costco rebate. I haven’t mentioned that I qualify for Teacher discount, but I’m still a little confused on that and not sure if it’s a good idea to apply? If I get that extra 5% off msrp would be great though…what do you think?

MSRP: $42,015
Selling: $38, 413.83

0 DAS - $499 Tax included
2k DAS - $440.91
3k DAS - $411.87

The teacher discount does not give you an extra 5% off. It’s a $500 incentive, but it can only be added if the selling price is no more than a 5% discount.

Just forget it exists.

Costco is the main one going for you. I’d run numbers on 10% pre-incentive at buy rate and start there.

I know this might annoy you, but I’m still trying to really grasp the calculator here, but does look achievable? All MF and RV are per Edmunds and tax is per zip code. I’m just not entirely confident where I should input the $1250 Costco discount.

Costco is inputted correctly. I think your numbers look reasonable. Won’t be easy to get, but isn’t out of the realm of doable.

Id consider adding 8 MSDs.

Also worth cross shopping the xc60. Better lease support.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend is set on the XC40 - working to go to XC90 in the future though. Dealer was only willing to go to 9.6% pre incentive. What do you think? Most likely, but definitely, going for zero down.

MSRP: 42,015
Selling: 38,000
Rebate: 1,250
No MSDs.

Monthly including tax.
$0.00 down $485.79
$2,000.00 down $427.70
$3,000.00 down $398.65

I think that $485 is a lot of money for an xc40 because of mediocre current lease support, however, 9.6% is a totally reasonable place to be, and using MSDs will save you a lot of money.

1 Like

Yeah, I was a little confused when he showed me papers that Costco supposedly sends them. In any case, we didn’t get anywhere with the deal.

When you say lease support, do you mean lease incentives? Since she’s willing to do a down payment, maybe I’ll suggest to put that into MSDs instead.

Rv/mf/incentives

1 Like