Deal Check: 2021 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription (Demo)

Whatever… you get the point

Have you looked at broker deals in your area? Also, is there is specific reason you are looking for a T6 instead of a B5 AWD 2022 model?

1 Like

So a $2k discount got you to $786, which means we can only assume the $600 is now… ~$8400 off? What is base MF and incentives?

1 Like

What’s a “fart car”?

I was looking for a T6 because B5 is weak.

The T6 you are considering

3 Likes

Have you driven both of them?

Weak for what? If you think T6 will be on par with 340 then you are wrong.

1 Like

Had a S60 T5, driven a T6, and and former BMW S55 owner. You’re wrong on that part, the only reason I’d have picked a T6 in the past would’ve been awd which they’ve added to the lower trim now.

The differences are very very negligible in my eyes.

2 Likes

the supercharger in the t6 does give it a nice kick to start, especially in sport mode. in comfort, agree, no difference.

3 Likes

After having a T6, I would choose the T5 due to power delivery. The T6 had a weird dip at mid level RPMs, the T5 felt linear and smoother. Plus now you get AWD with T5, so I think it’s worth it.

The OP deal is much too high, even in this market. Do you qualify for any incentives, or is the $2k discount just from the dealer for being a demo?

An S60 demo for anywhere close to this is a non-starter.

So back to the drawing board:

What are your must-haves in your next car?
What’s your budget?

1 Like

Possibly the difference in hp/tq output without the supercharger. There’s a large gap in the driving experience between the 2 cars.

Sorry but this is completely false. I currently have both versions of this power train. The t5 is absolutely gutless under 3k rpm. The t6 provides ample low end torque from idle and transitions seamlessly and smoothly in mid rpm and by high rpm the turbo (under boost at this point) takes over. There is no DIP. Its the most linear forced induction car I’ve driven.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t say the T6 feels slower, I just prefer the power delivery of the T5 better. To each his own, I am suggesting the OP test drive both back to back and not get locked into the T6.

Glad they finally paired T5 w/AWD

1 Like

I’ve had both a t5 s60 loaner and a T6 XC90 loaner and the considerably heavier XC90 feels more powerful and torquey than the S60 t5. It’s almost as much difference as that of my rdesign T6 polestar tuned s60 and the T6 XC90. But, as everyone said, drive and form your own opinion.

100% disagree. I have both and don’t like driving the XC90 over S60, period. In fact, I much prefer the S60 T5. XC90 feels heavy and underpowered at low RPMs.

1 Like

Almost identical, and the extra torque of the supercharger is why it feels faster to me.

The extra torque is offset by heavier weight. The S60 is much more fun to drive also.
S60 T5 vs T6 is a different story. T6 definitely feels more powerful.

1 Like

Of course it is, it’s a car compared to a family truckster.