Deal check 2021 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE

I got a quote to lease a 2021 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE. I know the market is terrible right now and it’s my first time leasing so I would love some input on this deal. I am in UTAH.

36-month lease
12k miles

Retail Price: $24,728
Factory Rebate: -$1000
Sales Price: $23,728

Sales Tax: $1809.80
Dealer Doc. Fees: $299
State - Local Fees: $935.72

Total Cash Due: $27,025

Down Payment: $475
Monthly Payment: $400

Money factor used: .00064
Residual: 58% ($14,342)

Good ole Utah leasing yeah it sucks even in this market i can’t in good conscience pay $400 a month for a Corolla. Then i would have to explain who held me at gunpoint forcing me to do that.:upside_down_face:

I’d start dating a UHaul dealer before I’d pay $400/mo for a Corolla Hatchback.

2 Likes

Can you buy it? If you really want/need it, buy it. Seriously. $400/mo is simply depressing for a lease on this.

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

1 Like

$400 for a corolla. I remember you could grab a canry SE for under $299 back in the day and an XSE was going for the price of a corolla. These are just absolutely pathetic times we live in.

Even if I finance my car after the lease it’s up it will still be cheaper than leasing a corolla. That’s frightening.

$400??? For a Corolla…? :dizzy_face:. Absolutely not happening, for me anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.