Deal check: 2021 Mercedes GLS 450 MA

Deal is in MA.

MSRP is $84,405, brand new GLS450

$4,000 down payment, 48 months, $1,133 per month with taxes and fees included.

I feel like this is a pretty good deal. Please let me know if you think otherwise.

No one is going to have any kind of an opinion because we are missing the RV, money factor, manufacturer incentives, dealer discount, and tax rate.

On the surface, it doesn’t look too strong, 1200+ a month effective for an 84k dollar crossover.

Though, I don’t think the leases on a GLS are going to be great either way.

You would have spent more than $58k to rent this car for 4 years. That’s nearly 70% of its MSRP.

Without knowing the pre-incentive discount and other relevant info, we can’t provide any feedback on your deal.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.