Deal Check! 2021 Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo Sedan (NJ)

The board is for picking apart deals. Same principle and thought process probably applies to… everything that goes on here.

Don’t think anyone is meaning anything personally.

1 Like

Basically, since you’re not OP, you have no rights here /s (issa joke)

Most of us here are just trying to help and make sure you’ve got all the info, at the end of the day, you can lease this car for $500/mo with 3K down and it wouldn’t change our life, but you’d be helping finance one of the deals that are being hacked by doing so. Also keep in mind, this is a NJ tagged topic, as the OP intended, so our manner of speaking and existing is east coast for the most part, unlike a CA tagged topic where it may be more chillax’in

2 Likes

Haha yeah, I did hijack someone’s thread who already got his (his gf’s?) car. Yeah I know shit isn’t personal, I was just annoyed.

I didn’t mean go to dealerships to negotiate, do it all virtually or over the phone as you are doing. I was referring to when you found the dealer to do your deal.

Yes, yes.

Mazda of Orange is telling me they have the lowest price yada yada. I found the 2 add-ons they put – the security system and door edge guards. A guy yesterday quoted me $430/mo (incl tax) and just whatever my drive-off will be. I’m confused because his manager called today and said the guy from yesterday actually quoted me with the security system taken out ($895) but the selling price was not gonna reflect that at all. He said it’s non-negotiable. We’re stuck at $33,790. Am I doin the calculator right? If there is a $930 incentive shouldn’t the selling price actually be $32,860?

I have the incentive plugged in the bottom as a taxed incentive cuz it is here in CA. Have I been using the calculator wrong? Is selling price supposed to just be the full price then? No matter how I use this, I get $406/mo with tax. I don’t know how they are getting that extra $24/mo.

This is a non-sensical statement. There isn’t a “whatever drive offs may be”. You need to know what they actually are. There isn’t a correct answer for what the drive offs “should be”.

1 Like

No, you’ve itemized the incentives already so the sales price should be before incentives, not after.

By taking them out of the sales price AND listing the incentives, you’ve double counted them.

1 Like
  1. where is their lease worksheet?

2. I told you yesterday where the difference was

You need the worksheet to find where.

Well shit, that’s where I’ve been doing it wrong. I’ve been basing my offers like this and didn’t even know it was being done wrong. I had a question at one point how I was getting such a lower price but since I posted my calculator so many times and no one caught anything I thought nothing was wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.