Deal Check: 2021 Ioniq SEL Dealer vs Leasehackr Calculator

Currently located in Tampa, Florida, and am having a long-winded back and forth with a dealer. His figures are shown below and a link to the Leasehackr calculator showing a big difference. Can someone comment if I am doing something wrong or if the dealer is trying something shady?

Dealer Quote (stated 57% depreciation)

Market value selling price: $30460
Discount: $1493.83
Rebate: $2250
Adjustment Price: $26716.17
Taxable Fees (estimated): $1189.50
Dealer Doc: $999.96
Tax: $332.96
Non-Tax Fees: $2
Balance: $29240.58

Zero cash down payment per month $399

Link to Leasehackr calculator

You’ve removed the acquisition fee as a start. Need to add that back in. The incentives are most likely taxed as well. What MF is he using? What did edmunds give you for rv/mf/incentives?

1 Like

Thank you, I added that back in. His MF is set at 57%. Edmunds says 55%/0.00026/$2250

He can’t change the RV, so the information somewhere here is wrong.

Also, you need to know not only what buy rate mf is but what mf he is charging.

He can if he isn’t using HMF.

Well, ok, yes, but a 2% difference sounds more like someone is looking at the wrong number of miles and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hyundai lease through a noncaptive.

I appreciate all the help with this from everyone. He did quote the MF was set at 0.00026. However, I assume that there might be a difference between the buy rate and what they are charging me, that could be the difference.

Thank you!

Isn’t the MF the buy rate? Or am I misunderstanding that.

The dealer can only change a few things. (on a lease)

• MF
  • Price they want to sell it to you.
  • Which bank they want to use.

They don’t control (directly)

• Incentives
  • RV (Each bank has it set)
  • Taxes…well this is florida they can hide some fees.

If you replace the acquisition fee, make the incentives taxable, and put in 55% for rv per edmunds, the numbers get much closer than quoted. I bet there are a few differences in fees that make up the difference.

A calculator is just a tool to construct your own offer and/or recalibrate someone else’s shared deal for your own taxes, incentives, RV/MF etc if they are different.

I’ve rarely seen anyone make any further headway by decoding a dealer quote into the LH calculator. If it matches, so what? Math doesn’t lie. If it doesn’t match, so what? Dealers aren’t going to lower their offer because your calculator said so. Chances are, it was the consumer’s error. If not, GL getting a dealer to admit it was theirs.

To be very candid, the ship sailed once the consumer asked for a quote instead of presenting a well-researched offer of their own.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.