Deal Check: 2021 Infiniti QX80 Luxe RWD

Hi All,

In the market for Qx80 and got this quote but the numbers are not adding up in the calculater.

How does it look, should I try to negotiate more?

2021 QX80 LUXE RWD
MSRP: $71,960
Selling Price: $63,058 (12.4% off MSRP)
Monthly Payment: $808 (including tax & all fees)
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 12k
MSD: 9 (Max MSD at $7650)
MF: 0.00141 (originally .00231, confirmed with Edmunds for Dec, changed to this after MSD)
Residual: 56% (confirmed on Edmunds for Dec)
VTR: $299
Total Rebates: $2000
Doc Fee: $699
Acquistion Fee: $700
Advanced Payment: 808
Upfront Charges:$119
Total Cap Reduction: $1072
Region: NV

CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

You need to put original pre-MSD MF (.00231) in calculator and then select MSDs. It will adjust automatically to post MSD. Speaking of .00231, ooof. Is this buy rate? What edmunds says about december buy rate?

ah yes, updated the original MF, it is 00231 for Dec from Edmunds.

APR: 5.54%

Holy buy rate. Are you set on QX80?

Is that 12.4% discount inclusive of 2,000 or is it pre-incentive? You didn’t specify any rebates in your calc.

it def is high. I am set on QX80, it just fits the needs of the family. Selling price is inclusive of all the discounts, $2k is the loyalty discount.

Given the garbage residual, high MF and miniscule rebates - I’d strongly lean towards just buying CPO. I just don’t see the possibility of making a “good” deal given these numbers. You’re paying about $6k in rent charge even after tying up $8100 for 39 months.

A good alternative is the MDX which is being blown out to make way for the new gen, although I believe it’s a bit smaller.

1 Like

I see. Not sure about NV market specifics, but 9.6% pre-incentive discount looks bad on a SUV that’s been selling terribly from what I know. I don’t think there is a lot of reference points here for QX80, so I’ll let Infiniti peeps chime in. From the first glance, push for better pre-incentive discount. QX80 isn’t a hot seller by a long shot.

appreciate it, guess I’ll have to open up my options :frowning:

I’d suggest pining some infiniti brokers on marketplace here. Could be that one of their deals with shipping will still be miles better than what you can get in your region.

Definitely a lot of money for a QX80. Maybe look into cash purchase incentives as well if there are any 2020s left over if you are set on getting a new car. Or CPO could also be a good option.

There are some vehicles that just don’t make much sense to lease. If you’re set on a QX80 do the math on a CPO buy.