Deal Check: 2021 GMC Acadia AT4 - Demo - $394/mo 36mo $2500 DAS

This is for a moderate equipped 2021 GMC Acadia AT4. Options include locking lug nuts, ebony twilight metallic paint, floor liners, skyscape roof, leather interior.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 GMC Acadia AT4 AWD V6
MSRP: $45,860
Sales Price: $43,948 (4.17% pre-incentive) supplier discount
Point of Sale Rebates: $7000 ($3000 GMC Lease Cash $2000 Loyalty $2000 Demo)
Taxes: $1,415
DMV fee: $500
Dealer fee: $389
Months: 36
Mileage: 10K/yr
DAS: $2500 (towards taxes & fees)
Monthly Payment: $394
MF: .00088
Residual: 57% > reduced to > 56% based on mileage
Region: New Jersey

Really solid deal!! Post pictures!!!

1 Like

I was a little surprised by the RV reduction on a loaner, was not expecting that… So I told the dealer I would get back to them after confirming (which I have). I’ve heard some people getting to 12% off on a loaner, but I don’t see that happening in my market.

I’m thinking I go for $500 off to close the deal before the end of the month.

1 Like

What’s with the 7.3% tax in NJ?

In NJ, 6.625 % sales tax plus 0.4% luxury tax on vehicles over $45K. That still does not equal 7.3%, but the total tax on the deal sheet is $1418 so I am guessing I am paying some additional fees because the dealer is out of state ?? I’ve used this dealer before and had the same issues with the tax+govt fees seeming to be high. Note they are also taking my supplier code but not honoring the supplier doc fee limit.

lux tax is on sale price, though, and your’s is well below $45k.

1 Like

I think I fixed the calculator. They are applying the $2000 discount for “demo incentive” as a taxable rebate, instead of a sales price reduction. When I shifted around these amounts, the tax lines up at 6.625% now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Am I missing something… isn’t effectively ~$450 a lot for this vehicle?

It scores better then most of the comparable options in the 3 row SUV price range right now. The AT4 is a popular trim right now, I could do alot better on a SLE or SLT, but I like all the options that come standards in the AT4.

With almost $9000 off MSRP, and the Acadia holding value well in the present market, I feel like this could be another 6 to 12 month hold and flip. If I can net more then the $2500 of equity I am putting in on the back end, it could make this deal look better.

1 Like

I couldn’t get the dealer to move another dollar on the price.

I feel like I should be able to do better then the supplier discount on this vehicle.

not in this time period. I’ve been hunting rams/gmc for MONTHS and supplier was the only thing GMC EVER gave for a discount.

Looks like a good deal to me btw.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.