Deal Check: 2021 Genesis GV80 - Florida

Hello Guys,
I understand there is a major shortage and no incentives at the moment but is that deal even worth any negotiations?

MSRP: 66K
Sale Price: 66K
Trim 3.5T AWD Advanced +
36 Months
10K miles
DAS: $1348.00 + $600.00 Broker Fees = $1949.00
Monthly: $1038 before Tax
Monthly: $1110.66 after tax

Total Lease cost = $41,932.76

1 Like

Inventory and pricing are what they are at the moment. With that being said, why would you pay a $600 dollar broker fee to someone for giving you the same deal that anyone walking off the street should be able to get? It’s at full sticker price.

3 Likes

Which is insane for a car you can buy in the 60s

If you want it, buy it. Just like many cars, it doesn’t make any sense to lease it.

3 Likes

The strange thing also, the deal came from a broker on the forum.

Thanks for the replay, i will walk away and wait for better market conditions.

Thanks for the replay.

Brokers can only offer what they can offer. Still, I don’t really see the value in paying someone to give you an MSRP deal, which one way or another anyone should be able to get if they put some effort in. @max_g is definitely right though, paying that kind of money for a car in that price range simply is not worth it.

1 Like

$1.40 a mile to drive a 66K MSRP Genesis/Hyundai?? I mean it’s almost like dealers are just throwing bait in the water to see what hits. The MF and dealer adders on this must be out of sight. Palisades are going for over MSRP so let’s see if we can sell all Hyundai products 20% over MSRP…

Most cars are simply not leasing well right now. This is example 1a of why forcing a lease just to lease makes zero sense.

Just buy the thing and negotiate simply on OTD price or wait until the market starts coming back to Earth

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.