Deal check: 2021 Ford Explorer in CT

With tax included just $650 due at signing. But I am in NYC maybe that changes the taxes

What is your pre-tax monthly? Around $410?

Honestly I don’t know. But I‘ve been shopping around and down to 465 for a limited with sunroof and covering my last month lease

Wait so you are saying if you use the employee pricing then they can’t discount the price even more?? That is pretty dumb, does anybody know why? That defeats the whole purpose of that pricing because any dealer can discount it 4% with or without the employee pricing.
I feel like the employee price should be on top of other discounts. Does anybody know where the employee discount is coming from? Does the manufacturer reimburse the dealer or?

XPlan pricing is set by Ford by car. The point is that it’s a set amount with limited fees, so for people who don’t want the hassle of negotiating or shopping around, it’s a decent deal and you essentially pick the dealer you want to work with because the pricing is 100% set no matter which dealer you go to. I assume the manufacturer is reimbursing the dealer, which is why it’s set across the board, and dealers can get in trouble for negotiating further.

I worked my ass off on my Explorer deal, and ended up being only about $40 cheaper a month than xplan. If I went with xplan, I would have spent about 10 minutes on the phone telling the dealer exactly what I wanted and that would have been that. That’s compared to the hours and hours I did of research, plus dozens of emails, etc. It makes sense for a lot of people.