Deal Check: 2021 Custom Build X5 x40 M 36/10k MSRP$76995 First Month DAS $979

Newbie here, really enjoyed the discussion and learnt a lot from this forum. After months of research, I finally decide to pull the trigger to get an X5 x40i. I prefer to get it custom built since I wasn’t able to locate an inventory one that matches. The current build is at MSRP $76,000. Any dealer/broker recommendation? I live in the Bay Area and currently own an X3.

Couple More Questions:

1. Based on a couple of recent deals shared on this forum, seems a 12% pre-incentive discount at the buy rate would be reachable. Can I expect the same for a custom build?
  2. Any must-have/don’t-waste-money option?

Thanks in advance!

I’m in the Northeast and don’t know your region well, but 12% is extremely aggressive, especially for an order. In general, BMWs have about 11.5% of markup when you combine the front and backend; anything over 11% is incredibly aggressive. That’s true for great majority of their models, and something to keep in your head.

As for discount on an order, my dealer would likely take one in NY at 10 - 10.5%, and not much more. Assuming most stores will be similar to that, but crazier things have happened!

Best of luck with the shopping though; you’re gonna love the X5 when she shows up!

1 Like

Thx for sharing your insight!

Where did you see 12%? Brokers do post their discounts on their spreadsheets. Looking like 10% tops for California brokers at buy rate mf, not sure about custom order though. Use https://carfindr.co/ to see if there are matches to your build, incentives are not great now.

I think I am looking at deals posted back to Q4 2020, maybe I shouldn’t be too anchored to those data points. In terms of the incentives, though it’s impossible to predict what MF and incentive would be in upcoming months, I still like to hear what’s your gauge.

Hello Hackers,

Newbie here, looking for a X5 x40i M custom build lease. Got quotes from both local dealers and brokers on the forum. Current best offer comes from a local dealer based in Nor-Cal:

MSRP: $76,995
Selling Price: $70,065.45 (9% off)
36/10k
RV:54%
MF:.00086 (Can be lowed via MSD)
$500 Lease credit + $1000 Loyalty

Would like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers, wish everyone good health!

Seems the number is a bit off in the calculator, would appreciate if someone can explain.

I’m surprised a broker wasn’t able to get you 10% off pre incentive in CA. Same as 9% after accounting for broker fee but still surprised your best offers after reaching out to brokers has been 9%. Maybe that’s the market for X5 these days.

The quote is first month due at sign. Your calculator is $0 DAS.

I do get brokers offer 10% off at base MF. However after taking the broker and shipping fee into account, I found the local dealer’s offer more attractive.

1 Like

I see, thx for pointing this out!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.