Deal Check: 2021 Camaro LT1

Hey everyone! Thanks to the posts here I caught the Camaro LT1 fever. Can you take a look at my numbers and let me know what you think? I’m in western NY. The dealer is not in the state.

The discount isn’t as aggressive as I’ve seen in other deals, but stock is dwindling and this car has the exact options that I want. I tried to push for $340 with zero due and 39/12k but got turned down flat.

Term: 39 months
Miles: 12,000/yr
Monthly payment: 359/mo
0 DAS

MSRP: 39,035
Price before rebate: 37,270 (4.5% discount)
Rebate: 2250 (enhanced conquest)
Dealer fees: 540 (389 doc fee, 16.30 online fee, 5 notary, 5 county, 30 tag, 26 lien, 5 tire, 55 title, 9 transfer)
Gov fees: 89.43 (who knows what this will be, I’m swapping plates from another car)
Tax rate: 8%

MF: .00028
Residual: 63%

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Some have done slightly better locally:

1 Like

Talk to @volnedan if you are willing to go to Michigan.

1 Like

Thanks @max_g. I also had one lined up in eastern PA if anyone is interested too.

3 Likes

Thanks for this! The discount on the car in that deal is higher for sure. When I adjust the calculator in the post to get to 0 DAS and 39/12k the monthly goes to $350 which is $9 less than my deal. I know it’s a higher MSRP car but I’m very picky about the options (I really want auto, dual mode exhaust and tech package) and I don’t want to have to drive too far to get it. That limits me a bit. This was just about the best deal I could work up for a car with the right options within 250 miles of me.

I’ll do another search further out. Shipping a car from a dealer that’s further out is something I’d consider.

Sure, just if the shipping is more than a few hundred you start to close the gap pretty fast and it makes your local deal appear more attractive. I agree with what someone else mentioned on here a few days ago in one of these threads that even at $350/mo these cars are amazing deals.

1 Like

Those first two were on my desired list as well. Initially I wanted a completely base 6 speed car, but so so many people recommended the dual mode exhaust, and after hearing it I understood :slight_smile:

As for the 10 speed…no way I could choose the 6 speed after seeing how this auto shifts. Its nuts.

1 Like

This is my thought exactly—it would have to be a really good deal for shipping it nearly 500 miles to make sense and I just don’t have that kind of time before the end of the month.

I saw the original post with this comment and I think it’s absolutely correct. And I think that if a car has the options I want with a payment with which I’m comfortable, that’s a pretty decent deal. It’s not necessarily shooting the lights out, but we make slight financial sacrifices sometimes for the options we want.

Or is that just me?

There’s certainly nothing wrong with the 6 speed, but the automatic is lightning-quick. I just don’t think I could ever be as comfortable with the power in a manual Camaro as I was in the automatic.

Here’s the deal that I’m probably going to go with. The car just landed on the dealer’s lot two days ago. A poor discount (about two percent) but it will save me five hours round trip plus the cost of a car rental to get there versus the other deal I had. Total increased cost over my next best offer is about $585 minus the savings of not having to rent a car, less gas and the miles put on the car.

Here’s the lease sheet. It’s a mess so I posted below what I think they’re getting at for the deal. If there’s anything that I’m missing, let me know. I’m not super confident in their ability to put together a deal—I had to tell them that they were using 1LT numbers in the first deal they sent me instead of LT1.

MSRP: $39,230
Sale price: $38,445
Rebates: $2250 conquest
Term: 39/12,000
DAS: $0
Monthly: $375

I am under no illusion that this is a smoking deal. I am limiting myself because of how picky I am with options and the timing. There are only 8 cars within 250 miles that fit my criteria and I reached out to every single one of those dealers. The very best offer that I received for 39/12,000 was $359 per month with $0 DAS. I tried everything I could think of including a last-minute reach-out to all of the dealers to let them know I was closing a deal.

I still think this is a reasonable monthly payment for this car given the level of performance and options. I’ll be signing papers and picking up tomorrow. Let me know what you think—I still have an out if you think this is a terrible deal.

Thanks!

IMO…Anything sub about 400 effective seems to be pretty ridiculous for this car. I was in the exact same position as you are, the car I ended up with was fresh off the truck, 25 minutes away, and optioned and colored as desired. As much as this is LH, and effort in pursuit of savings is rewarded , it was just too easy compared to getting something in the Northeast or Midwest where I could’ve saved a few bucks because of the "blizzard discounts":grin:.

So I say, if it is the car that you want and the convenience is there, make it easy on yourself😁

2 Likes

Also remember that $375 with a true 0DAS is really an effective of $365. Add in your 12,000 miles per year versus most of the rest of us at 10,000 (with a 1% greater RV) and you are not that far off really.

1 Like

So many people at the admittedly few dealerships I contacted made the same mistake. They were proposing a 1LT car instead of an LT1…GM really made this one a little bit to easy for misunderstandings to develop. Can you imagine someone having a deal all worked out and then getting ready to sign on 3.6 L 1LT instead of what they thought was the 6.2L?

2 Likes

Thanks for saying this! There’s a push and pull when you’re dealing with a car like this and reading these forums. You really want the car and you see the deals that other people are getting so you get excited. Then you start getting quotes and they’re pretty far off from other quotes. Then you try to justify it in your head, but you know you could get a better deal because of what you’ve seen.

At the end of the day, I just have to remember that while a good deal is important, a good value is possibly even more so. I drove an SS back in 2016, LOVED it, and NEVER would have thought I could lease one for less than $400 per month. Now here we are. GM’s program makes the deal reasonable even with a low discount, in my mind. I would rather pay $25 more or so per month to make sure that I don’t miss this opportunity. I suppose!

There is a very real concept it happens with many thing, this forum included, called FOMO :grin:

Fear of missing out😜

It is so so easy to fall into the trap of, “oh my goodness I could’ve got in the car for $12 less per month”, etc. I’ve been guilty of it in my head all the time as, like all of us here really, we start chasing the deals. That of course is part of the fun, but diminishing returns does set in…In the end, the type of leases we are all signing here are so superior to what the “average Joe” is getting off of the street…and its easy to lose track of this.

2 Likes

Assume this is spouse cleared?

1 Like

Haha! Yes, she is very wonderful and understanding. I currently have a Mazda 6 lease and a 1999 Firebird Formula. They will both be leaving to make room for this. I no longer need two cars if I can have one lease that gives me the thrill of the Firebird with the reliability of a lease. So, in the end, we will be saving money! Insuring the Camaro will be cheaper than insuring those two cars!

1 Like

Good deal! I say lock it down and enjoy.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback!

This is the deal that I ended up going with—picked it up yesterday! Not a hackr-level deal but I am absolutely in LOVE with this car!

Blue, automatic, dual mode exhaust, technology package and the dealer threw in a set of Weather Tech floor mats!

4 Likes