Deal Check: 2021 Camaro LT1, Alabama

Hi Everyone,

When I saw others getting good deals on the Camaro LT1 recently, I found one I liked at my local dealer. I test drive and liked it. I have them an offer of making the cap cost $36250 (which is the sales price), but was told it only applies to financing. Also, I was told that the current employee discounting is financing only. Is this true? Numbers below

THEIR DEAL:
MSRP: $41,819
Selling Price: $39,000 (Higher than the employee discount price)
Monthly Payment: $374.78
Drive-Off Amount: First month, 374.78
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00028 (Salesman claimed they used the base mf but never showed me details)
Residual: 64%
Incentives: $0 (I don’t have another lease so I don’t qualify for lease loyalty and lease conquest $1.5k)
Region: SouthEast

DEAL I WAS AIMING FOR:
MSRP: $41,819
Selling Price: $36250 (Sales price on website, does not specify financing only)
Monthly Payment: $309 (tax included)
Drive-Off Amount: First month, 309
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00028
Residual: 64%
Incentives: $0 (I don’t have another lease so I don’t qualify for lease loyalty and lease conquest $1.5k)
Region: SouthEast

Calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

How are y’all negotiating so much off even before incentives? I really want this car, so any help is appreciated!

The only good thing in Alabama is college football. Looks like the lease sucks …

However, with 1.5k lease conquest, this would have been 40 bucks cheaper…

Given how many people are trying to get one of these, and that you don’t have loyalty/conquest, I’d say this is a good deal…dealers are hip to what is going on and most are not going to blow them out anymore.

Yeah but only ~6 hours left to actually do this deal if incentives change for January…so any intelligent sales manager should want to unload them

Yea it’s not that bad considering 0 incentives.

2 Likes

About 7% off pre incentive is a solid deal that they are offering. Not having loyalty or conquest is what hurts you here, not a lack of dealer discount. The “employee pricing” advertised prices are indeed for purchase only. You could try to push for something in the 350 to 360 range but I’m not sure if that will work. Do you qualify for a supplier discount program?

1 Like

That discount is pretty much aligned with employee price, my MSRP was $39,470 and GMS sale price was $36,669. Employee discount on these isn’t much more than 7% in the best case.

Losing out on $2250 is rebates is huge. You might be able to get a local dealer coupon or some random regional incentive. Otherwise you are going to be over $350/mo.

It’s likely including the Employee Discount for Everyone, which isn’t valid on leases

1 Like

Yea it definitely sucks that I don’t currently have a lease. It’s been very difficult finding even average car lease deals in AL and the SouthEast. I would get laughed out the dealership if I tried some of these shared deals posted here lol.

True, a friend m mentioned to me today is my dealers last day of their 2020 year. I just thought I would try but doesn’t seem like it’ll work out.

Yes, exactly! I want the car and am willing to pay for it. But also something bugs me about paying a thousands more than I know I would have to. Thanks

I don’t work for GM or a supplier but I have reached out to some friends to see if they qualify to give me a authorization code. Doesn’t seem like I’ll be able to get the code tho.

Keep in mind that waiting may end up costing you more, or not getting anything at all. The lease program could change dramatically tomorrow, the money factor on these has been traditionally pretty high, I believe 0.00208 in most recent months. I’m honestly not entirely convinced that the 0.00028 from this month wasn’t a mistake that GMF decided not to correct. The reason it’s costing you more is something that would be out of the dealer’s control, barring a lunatic GM who is willing to take an absolute bloodbath on one of these to hit a particular sales goal.

4 Likes

I agree with @ElectricEliminator $374 is still a good payment on one of these most of the cheaper deals had conquest if you want it I would advise you to jump on it.