CA bay area

MSRP: $52170
10k/36mo
residual: 56%
incentives: $2750
monthly payment: $515 (including tax)
drive off: $3000

Looking forward to your thoughts, appreciate it

What is the selling price before incentives?

Your fees on your calculator are very odd.

Dealer didn’t show me selling price before incentives, just offered me monthly payment and DAS.

It is always in your best interest to work out a target deal before talking to the dealer so you have something to baseline against. You’ll want to go to edmunds and gather rv/mf/incentive information to verify, then research comparable deals to sort out a target pre-incentive discount. Plug that information into the calculator so that you know what the deal should work out to for you, based on your personal situation, and then you can compare this against it to see where there’s room for improvement.

2 Likes

What incentives do you qualify for that add up to $2750?

As someone who leased a BMW X3 recently in the SF Bay Area, I’d say the following:

• Use the calculator to figure out your target deal. I’d say shoot for say 10.5% off a new X3 (especially this one with a higher MSRP). Understand what the base money factor is (0.00082 is base before MSDs). You can ask the dealer what the MF is, but if you target the right deal (see bullet below) then you should get a quick sense of whether there’s a markup. My experience is most SF Bay Area dealers mark up their money factor by the 20 bps max allowable to 0.00122.
  • Try to put down MSDs if you can. They can really help the deal and many folks have shown that it pays off at a 15-20% rate of return, if you can part with the money for 36 months.
  • Did you do the Feeding America OL event – maybe you can add $500 off if you did to get an OL code?
  • The best way is to dictate what deal you want. Say I want this model #, and say I want to put down $X a mount a month; $Y (or no) MSDs; and I want my payment to be $Z before taxes. If you use the calculator in the first bullet correctly, you’ll quickly understand what you should be shooting for and if the money factor or other stuff is marked up.

Good luck! PM me if you need dealer contacts in the SF Bay Area!

EDIT: If you need an excellent broker, use @avocautos – highly recommended and can do these deals quickly and has extensive contacts in the SF Bay Area.

2 Likes

There are no incentives in here, no acq fee either.

Where did the selling price come from?