Deal Check: 2021 BMW X1 Xdrive28i, $0 down, $546.07/month

On the great advice of the members of this forum, I submitted an offer for 10% off MSRP with $0 down and received this quote (I’ve included the quote to make it easier). I tried to plug these numbers into the calculator and it doesn’t seem to match the quote. I had also asked for 12k miles/year and see they only included 10k.
I’m kind of confused what the $1,500 cash down/deposit is…MSD’s perhaps?
This is definitely better than previous quotes, but I still don’t feel like it’s great. Am I wrong? I’m in the PNW. Thanks in advance!

Hop on an airplane and fly to anywhere else. This is WAY too much money for an x1

6 Likes

That is Volvo XC90 money for an X1. Definitely pass.

image image

1 Like

Sorry! My bad. Have flagged for moving to the right section :frowning:

Not a good deal at all walk away.

This looks like my X5 lease 2 years ago. I strongly recommend using the marketplace to reach out to a broker for a much better deal.

Hello! Quick question for you all this afternoon.
I’m in the PNW and have been shopping for quotes on 2020 BMW X1’s and 2021 BMW X1’s…I’m finding that I’m getting around the same prices for both model years and I’m wondering if that’s typically on par for BMW? My thought process was that the older year model would lease cheaper, but I’m not finding that. Is it a matter of location and the dealers not willing to play ball on the older models or is this typical for BMW?
Thanks in advance

Have you compared rv/mf/incentive information between the two years to see where the difference is?

According to the Edmunds forum, RV and base MF are the same for my zip code. Both qualify for $500 leasing credit.

The X1 is a really poorly equipped rebadged Mini. There was a time not too long ago when they were sub $300 because that’s what they’re worth.

But if the RV and incentives have moved on to make that impossible, then so should you.

I like the style and size of the X1, but I’m starting to think it’s a lost cause. It definitely isn’t well liked by many on this forum. I am currently leasing with Audi and have considered the Q3. I’m thinking at this point I may get better value going with Audi again on a Q3 as I will qualify for loyalty.

Most cars don’t lease well, only a small fraction of them do.

And there are many counter-intuitive anomalies. For instance a Q5 might lease for less (as a % of MSRP) than a Q3.

Instead of wondering what those needles in haystacks might be, look at the Marketplace and Shared Deals sections

I’ve seen some decent X1 demos pop up on here from time to time, and there is usually one or two active in the private transfers section. I personally wouldn’t pay more than $400/mo for an X1.

$550/mo on a thoroughly average $40k pseudo-BMW? No way.

1 Like

Definitely not wrong. Garbage quote for sure. I know it’s not apples to apples, but X3s and Q5s are leasing better than that. Looks like the incentives for this month are nearly non existent from what I have seen

Agree, or GLC300 level

What city are you living in? I’m in Ottawa and currently trying to lease my 3rd x1. I like the size of car and it’s fun to drive. I am getting quotes around $600 plus a month.

Well I think your 600 Canadian these are all in USD

I actually think there are situations where an X1 is a good fit. As other readers have commented, its not in the performance league of x3 or x5 – but people like myself, who are primarily urban drivers may like the X1 in comparison to competitors - ( the 70" width is nice for parking and the rear-ward visibility when looking over your shoulder is also better than most competitors.) IF you’re flexible about equip and color, start by watching the broker listings on leasehackr. They generally wont have a super-hacker score but will improve this offer by easily $100. IF you have time, lurk around the bmw site and watch for “drive-event” which is usually worth $1,000 on a lease. And BMW will also frequently improve the $500 lease incentive to $1,000. (And maybe more soon, since the X1 is in need of an update). I was only able to get 7% off from the dealer after shopping 4 different dealers. When you get a response from a dealer, check their RV and MF and MSD offer at Edmunds. I wanted very specific equipment and color, so , being inflexible, I paid more than brokers were offering. My deal was $440 including sales tax with zero customer cap reduction but reg/lic/fees paid up front This was on a sticker of $46k and no MSD’s. I could have saved probably $60/mo apples-to-apples using a broker offer but the broker vehicles were relatively light on options. I could have saved $200 by getting a similary equipped VENZA.