Deal Check: 2021 Audi S5 Sportback Prestige MSRP $70,720

Thoughts on this deal? I’ve done little negotiating outside of the MF which was a simple check against another dealer.
Audi s5 SPortback Prestige.
36/12k 58% Residual with MF of .00136. The current discount is 7.35%
We have negotiated the money factor down so the monthly payments aren’t accurate in the photo.

Have you looked at the marketplace to see what some of the brokers in your region are able to get you?

2 Likes

Did you verify buy rate MF or just what another dealer was offering?

This seems astronomically high. There isn’t a world where an S5 is worth $1k per month.

2 Likes

Nope, so much nope.

Did you even check the marketplace before lol? Gotta get a baseline!

You need to calculate the lease payment yourself. That sheet is meaningless aside from monthly payment.

Here’s a random S5 from the marketplace that’s $300/mo cheaper.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

6 Likes

you should try to negotiate for a 9.5 percent off the car that what ive seen broker offer which should ideally bring the payment to 859 with 2500

Not a fair comparison payment wise. The MSRP is $9k less, the residual is higher since it isn’t a prestige trim, 10k vs 12k miles, and tax isn’t included. Also not sure if that is a coupe or sportback (I assume the programs are slightly different).

2 Likes

That monthly payment for S5 is simply too high in my opinion. Even if it is a $70k with Prestige, it is still a S5.

Not going to disagree with that but there is a reason the other S5 is $300/mo less.

Agreed on your points. I pulled something quick to give the OP an example of comparing to marketplace deals and to encourage him to calculate the payment himself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m always curious what this type of comment means? What else is out there that IS worth $900/mo? I’m not dogging you, I’m genuinely curious what people think is worth that kind of payment if not an S5?

My M4 CS costs me less than 700 a month before tax and DAS was ~1500. S5 has better interior but its performance is nowhere close to a M4. Its competitor is M340i, which would cost you ~600 a month.

Maybe now is not a good time for good deals. If OP absolutely wants S5 that’s fine.

Thanks. I’ve been told BWW’s lease better but I was looking at the 21’ M440i and it’s leasing for about the same price as the S5.

I can’t find any cars that are similar to an 21’ S5 that is significantly cheaper. I’m amazed at how much car prices have gone up in the last few months.

New and with the comparable features as S5 prestige ?

It has gone up quite much but brokers pricing seems still okay. I just randomly found an Audi broker who has a 2020 S5 SB 62k msrp for 580/mo pre tax 36/10k. I know it’s not apple to apple comparison but adding another 300 a month for msrp difference seems not ideal. I could be wrong.

I did think about S5 but besides the price I didn’t like its performance. The turbo lag is too much compared to BMWs I tried. It has better interior though, compared to last generation of 3/4 series.

I don’t know much about M440i, not interested due to that grill. But its interior is a huge improvement.

Never lease a prestige…premium plus has everything you could want anyway.