Deal check - 2021 Audi Q7 45 - Premium Plus

Looking for a deal check on a 2021 Audi Q7 45 Premium Plus (For Minneapolis, MN)

MSRP: $64845
Discount: $5187 (~8%)
Audi Care $1100
Residual: $36,314 (56% , verified with Edmunds)
MF: 0.00105 (verified with Edmunds as buy rate)
Doc Fee: $125
Tax: $2290.03 (Minnesota, tax is up front on cost of lease)
Title / Misc Fees: $1760.75 (I hate Minnesota Registration)

$0 Drive off (everything capitalized into lease )- $901/month.

Its most certainly the best Audi deal I’ve ever gotten on my own, but I cant find the Audi pays first payment promotion in their deal, if I factor that in, it should drop it to $875. I am thinking of countering at $870 and calling it a day - I know its not a unicorn deal by far, but a) its the right color and features b) Its less than I am paying on our current 3.0 Q7 Premium plus thats coming off lease.

Thoughts? Is there much more meat on the bone here?

Is this a 2.0 or 3.0? We have a 2018 Q7 2.0 and pay $807 a month tax in. It’s a premium plus and the sticker was a little under 65,000. The lease is up in August and we are thinking about buying it since it will only have about 30,000 miles. We just put first month total out of pocket at signing. Lease is a 36/10K and Purchase price was $58,837 and buy out is 37,500.

Add Audicare and the payment should stay about the same because you’ll get a residual bump. Also get the tire package if it’s reasonable. The Run flats are expensive. Or the excessive wear package can work too if you don’t easy to pay for $1,600 worth of tires plus any lost keys, dents, etc…

Personally I wouldn’t pay $900 a month for a Q7 unless I was buying it. You can get a nice X7 or loaded out X5 for $900 a month.

Well, if it was my driver it would be an X5. But its not, it’s the wife’s car, and she doesn’t like the X5. She does like the X7, but unless it is a loaner, getting it for 36/10k all in here in Minnesota for $900 isn’t going to happen. Her preference was a GLE, but they lease even worse.

That price is inclusive of Audi Care. I thought about buying our current Q7, since it has just 30000 miles on it, but the residual makes it an expensive buyout.

Our current one has $0 in damages from the pre-lease return check. I really wanted to be around $840 for this car, but I have no leverage since the color combo the wife wants is next to impossible to find.

I don’t like that leasing a 2.0 Q7 for this kind of money, but I tried to counter the dealer and they stuck to their initial deal. Since I am not paying even the first payment, the net price is really $875/month (35 payments).

Did they say it was included in their deal? Do you have a worksheet you can share ( if you do, remove any personal and dealer info).

What pre-incentive discount does that equate to?

The discount is average. What kills this deal is the residual.

You are gonna have to decide whether paying $900+ a month on a $64.8k car is your best option, given that the car is for your spouse.

Have your checked out broker deals (close to you) in the “Marketplace”? If not, it could be worth it.

Good luck.

It’s a good SUV just purchase price compared to monthly payment never sits well with me.

If you aren’t buying out your current lease why not buy the new one?

I asked about the first payment - and they said thats in the discount. Attached is what they sent me for a lease worksheet.

I could buy it, though I’d have to figure out what the payment would be compared to leasing it. Seems I can get 1.49% APR for 60 months, and Audi will still cover the first payment - so it would put me at around $1k/month for 60 months (maybe a bit more, since sales tax now is on total purchase price, and I just loose acquisition fee). Hmm. It certainly is an option.

That means your discount amount has incentives rolled into it (at minimum, the first month’s payment amount), so your pre-incentive discount is lower than the 8% you’re showing. Are there any other incentives rolled into that discount?

:point_up_2::point_up_2:What they said.

How long do you normally keep a car?

There are no other discounts available on the Q7, so yes, with that rolled in it takes the discount to about 6.6% which isn’t stellar. (I hadn’t confirmed that they already had the first payment incentive rolled in when I first posted)

Typically has been 3 years. I think if I look back, we might have kept one of our Minivans for 4 years back in the day, but the last 2 Q7’s were both 3 year leases (and we kept them for 3 years), and my last 2 BMWs were 3 year leases (And so is my current one).

If I bought this car, I’d at most keep it for 4 years, since thats when the warranty ends, and my experience with Audi’s out of warranty is less than stellar. (My kids have had 3 different A4s out of warranty, 1 which was fine, 2 that got expensive)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.