Looking for some feedback on this deal/offer:
2021.5 SEL R-Line V6 AWD
Captains chairs and other ancillary options
Sale Price $45,970 (After including $1200 check to me to cover getting out of current lease)
$650/month all in
DAS: $650 (First month payment)
I think I could do a little better than the $45,970 but this particular configuration is the only one I have been able to locate.
I don’t understand this. So is the selling price actually $44,700 and you have $1200 of negative equity?
What is your payoff versus residual on the current lease?
Seems like you’re pigeonholing yourself into one particular vehicle at one particular dealer but correct me if I’m wrong. That’s generally a recipe for a poor deal.
It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.
We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.
- Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
- Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
- Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
- Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
- Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
- Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.
With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.
Thanks for the reply. I am in a lease with 2 payments and a dispo fee. Part of the negotiated deal includes the dealership writing me a check for $1200 to cover these last 2 payments and dispo. That $1200 is reflected in the sale price. Hope that makes sense.
I’m pretty familiar with the boilerplate. I initially narrowed it down to a Telluride vs Atlas as I hate the Palisade.
Tellurides are impossible to come by and dealers are marking them up, so I decided on the Atlas. I’ve been looking for a certain combo for several weeks and located one today, hence the deal. Paying off the lease is not an option for the dealer as the bank charges a 20% markup for anyone who isnt me or the dealership where I initially leased from.
Love the Atlas SEL R line look. - been hard to find in color combo I like with captains - not many out there vs other lines.
Agreed. Been looking for weeks. What state are you in?
This is the breakdown.
Cap cost: $45,989.50
Luxury Tax: $39.85
NJ Title Fee: $60
NJ Tire Tax: $7.50
NJ Temp Fee: $5.00
NJ Online Reg Fee: $9.85
First Payment: $650
- $650 (money down/first payment)
- $322.93 Interest
Adjusted cap: $48,350.36
Then the $1200 to me.
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.