Deal Check: 2021 Acura RDX Base SH-AWD (NY)

Here is what the dealer quoted so far:

2021 Acura RDX Base SH-AWD

MSRP: 41225
Selling Price: 35783
Miles: 12000
Residual: 61%
MF: 0.00225 (Edmunds is mentioning 0.00215 for the area)
Tax: 1370.60
Cap Cost: $775 (I can’t figure out what this is, tried searching for other topics but was confused on this as its often associated with the selling price of the vehicle - dealer has it lumped in with the fees).
Monthly: 429

Don’t qualify for loyalty or conquest incentives as this is my first car (live in NYC) and currently have no other cars in the household.

Calculator: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Acura&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=41225&sales_price=35783&months=36&mf=.00225&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=61&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=8.875&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

Thanks for any feedback!

This should be Cap Cost Reduction, essentially a down payment amount.

Typically with Acura, .00225 is the standard rate, .00215 is the rate with loyalty.

What did edmunds say for incentives? Acura typically has some decent direct-to-dealer incentives that get rolled into the selling price.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification about the cap cost reduction @mllcb42 really appreciate it. Updated the calculator as a result: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Acura&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=41225&sales_price=35783&months=36&mf=.00225&dp=775&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=61&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

As for the dealer incentive, I saw a RDX AWD tech trim in the Edmunds forums for $2500 for the NY/NJ area a few days ago.

However, I just asked specifically for my zip to see if it is any different for the base trim.

What is the dealer charging for the DAS amount?

Dealer is stating $429/mo & $2575 down (Cost Cap Red + Taxes).

Also per Edmunds forum, they stated that the dealer incentive is $2500, .00215 MF (I did mention that I don’t currently own a car so loyalty isn’t applicable) and 61% residual.

Is the incentive in addition to the discount on the car? The selling price should be preincentive and then you add in the incentive lower down on the calculator depending on whether it is taxed or not since this will affect how much you pay in taxes on the car.

As a general comment 5% interest on a car is a lot in this market. If you have checked with Edmunds and that is what it is, then it is legit but still high. Remember you are paying interest on the cost of the whole car during the lease term which is why it adds an expense

I have only been going back and forth with the dealer via email and they haven’t disclosed a dealer incentive at all in the pricing quotes (nor have I asked).

Trying to get an exact (and hopefully good) quote prior to stepping foot into a dealership.

.00225/.00215 is very typical for Acura. They tend to subvene their leases with large direct-to-dealer incentives rather than buying down the MF like other brands.

The incentive amount stated by Edmunds is with out a doubt included in the sales price. This is where one should separate out the incentive from the sales price to determine the actual pre-incentive discount for deal comparison.

@mllcb42 in general, what is your take on this deal? Personally I think it is okay, but not anything amazing. I think there is some further negotiation as the Cap Cost Reduction is helping to lower the monthly to look more appealing.

You’re at 7% pre-incentive it looks like. How does that compare to other rdx lease deals that have been posted here?

The cap cost reduction is pretty irrelevant to the overall quality of the deal. You’re better off comparing discount amounts against normalized deals. Looking at the monthly doesn’t really tell you anything.