Deal Check- 2021 Acura ILX Base

Hello to all,

I have leased before but you’re never too old to learn. And learned I have, reading all the articles and finding them very interesting as well all the topics posted.My niece has asked me to help her on a particular lease for an Acura ILX base models. She currently leases 2018 Acura ILX which I will treat as a separate transaction.

I have received the following from the dealer.

Lease: 36/15K
MSRP: 27,625
Selling:24,625
RV: 52% 14,365 Matches Edmunds
MF: .0005 Matches Edmunds
Monthly: 360 not sure if this includes 7% tax (Most Likely It Doesn’t)

Edmunds is telling me there is 1,750 dealer cash. Using the calculator I’m getting 392 with tax, what I am confused is how do I apply the $1,750 dealer cash and If the 11% off MSRP is good considering how the market is.

CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

1 Like

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

These are all things to confirm with dealer, otherwise how can we know what numbers to match in the calculator?

I get much closer to their number using the calculator with only 1250 dealer discount and 1750 down in the incentive…

We had 14% off last month! Use that as your target!

Instead of leasing another ILX for even more money and it being the base model why doesn’t she just extend the lease and or buyout the car, it will be much less expensive taking that route now with the inflated bubble car market we have going on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.