Deal Check: 2021.5 VW Atlas 2.0T SE w/ tech

I found a nice Atlas online and i went over to Edmunds to get the MF and RV. In the meantime i called the dealer to get a price from them, lets just say the number i calculated and the price they gave me are miles apart.

I just want to make sure i did this correctly. The dealer gave me a lease price of $656.60 for 36mo or $604.20 for 48 mo.

2021.5 VW Atlas 2.0T FWD SE w/tech
MSRP - $39,145
Selling Price - $33,378 (Website Price)
Term - 36 Months w/ 12K miles
VW sign and drive, so nothing down at all.

Edmunds gave me:
.00117 MF and 57% residual
$2250 dealer lease cash

I imputed that all into the calculator and got this:
leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volkswagen&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=39145&sales_price=33378&months=36&mf=.00117&dp=0&dealer_fee=499&acq_fee=699&taxed_inc=2250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Have you seen this?

1 Like

I did, but sadly both my employer or my wife’s aren’t on the list :frowning:

But Thanks!!!

That selling price that you’re seeing is basically impossible. No VW dealer that i’ve seen has discounted them more then 5%. The car you’re looking at will most likely be in the mid/high-$400s.

Just for reference I spoke to a VW dealer and with no haggling was given a price at $490 w/ $1000 DAS. Several other VW dealers were giving me numbers in the $600s. The car does not lease well at all, I moved on. I refuse to pay more than $400-25 for a VW, They are crazy charging those numbers.

1 Like

Only way their offer of 656 for the terms you provided would be if the selling price was MSRP, they weren’t passing on the incentive to you and, and the MF marked up to max.

1 Like

The numbers you are seeing are matching what they are giving me… The selling price was advertised on their website not sure how they are coming up with it, unless that’s the cash deal price and they are not giving me the same price.

I agree $450+ is way to high for a mid-trim VW in my opinion, let alone $600+

I asked for some justification of their price, but i highly doubt they will give me any details or at this point i’m guess even a response.

Most likely they are applying ever rebate they have (Military, Disability, Loyalty, etc…)

Advertised prices should always be taken with the largest grain of salt available.

1 Like

They aren’t even giving him the 2250 incentive, unless he doesn’t qualify for it.

I would say move on to another dealer. The 650 is only possible at MSRP and no 2250 offered.

1 Like

That makes only $15 difference. Look at his deal for comparison. Is this a VA dealership? They love adding freight twice and counting military incentive by default so don’t focus on the advertised deal.

No its in Maryland