Deal Check: 2020 Volvo v60 CC (loaner)

Found a loaner 2020 v60 CC with just over 2200 miles near by. I’ve been lurking the forums here and reading up on everyones suggestions but I did break on of the rules and went into the dealership without negotiating before hand. I wanted to see how many miles the car had before getting deep into the offer stuff.

The experience wasn’t all that great and it felt like things were getting oddly personal (this is luxury vehicle what were expecting to pay?) and rather than getting deep into the deal I got out of there before someone got offended. So I wasn’t able to confirm the numbers in my calculator perfect. For example he said any lease cash is accounted for the purchase price so I didn’t list it in the calculator as untaxed incentives (edmunds says there is $3250 lease cash for me). He wouldn’t confirm the MF but said “we didn’t mark it up” so I put in what edmunds forum gave me. We went line by line through the calculator but again couldn’t get confirmation on stuff and I think he was just trying to get the calculator to match his payment amount. He was a nice enough guy but maybe he just thought I wasn’t serious so I didn’t even get into MSDs or anything.

Sorry for the novel but in short I feel like they are bad but looking for confirmation. Maybe they are in fact good and I’ve read to many posts about people getting unicorn leases on here. Do I need to recalibrate my exceptions and this is in fact a good deal? Should I even keep engaging with this dealer? If so how do I get things to move?

1 Like

Are you sure that DC title/reg is $800? In any case, you only get 7% off on a loaner. Way too low. I added $440 for mileage penalty to the selling price and moved $3,250 incentives

Is this a salesperson or a GSM? Definitely best to take care of the numbers over the phone and email and save in person for signing documents and taking a test drive.

I appreciate you taking a look at it and giving your thoughts. Your posts have always been super helpful.

I don’t have confirmation on the title and taxes. Again I don’t think he was all that serious or didn’t think I was so when I asked he said “DC fees are high” but he also said that number accounts for some city tax for where the deanship is located. Which makes no sense to me since I don’t live in that city…

Falls Church? Yes, it’s around $150 extra

1 Like

Haha yep!

Any suggestions on what a realistic target of % off MSRP should be? I’ve seen other v60 CC deals on here with their % off MSRP listed but not for loaners so unsure what’s reasonable. Is there going to be a difference between perceantge mark down from a loaner to a non loaner? Like if I ask for 17% off am I going to be laughed at?

It was a sales person. And lesson learned. At this point should I move on or it even worth reaching back out to try and negotiate?

I will PM you.

1 Like

Don’t see why not. Put together a reasonable deal with discounts from LH and RV/MF from Edmunds to send to dealer via email.

No that’s not good. I just leased a 50k 2020 Volvo V60 CC in California yesterday. Original msrp 50k, 3290 down with fees and first month, $399/month taxes included. It wasn’t a loaner as well.

What is the breakdown of the deal? Pre-incentive discount, incentives, RV, and MF?

Your’s is not great either. Effective $508/mo

1 Like

You should take a math class

It adds up about right for $3290 down payment plus first month and fees.

Did you mean $3290 due at sale instead of $3290 down payment?

Yeah, was half a sleep and flipped the numbers (3,920 vs. 3,290). Around $490/mo effective. Still not great, but if you got strong discount with buy rate with no targeted incentives, then it is what it is.

My wording wasn’t good either. I meant $3290 drive off with fees and tax included. Sorry I didn’t try to claim I got an amazing deal, just saying the originally shared one here isn’t good. Also $290/month is pretty impressive, I wouldn’t think that’s possible at all.

$290 was a loaner.

I’d reach out to a broker ( @benedetto ). I used him and got a great deal on a brand new $55k V60CC. My OTD was $1,500 and monthly (w/tax) is $399.

1 Like

I second reaching out to Ben, he’s great. He got me a $60k V90 CC loaner over the summer for $469 per month, taxes included, with $1,500 down.

1 Like

@HersheySweet has some great deals as well.

1 Like