Deal Check: 2020 Range Rover SWB PHEV

Hi Hackrs,

Here is the best deal I’ve been able to get so far on this PHEV. Zip Code is 02494.

MSRP: $107,650
DAS: $3,326 (1st MO payment, fees, DMV)
Monthly: $1,495 (tax incl.)
36 months
12k per year

.00122 MF, no MSD, 53% Residual

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

1 Like

How does the gas version compare in monthly payment? I would compare the total expense and the gas savings.

You can also contact @Bostoncarconcierge. He might beat this deal for you.

1 Like

The gas will be a tough comparison right now

Higher rebates for PHEV
Lower MF
Higher RV
And no disrespect meant, but dealers are more willing to go deep on a PHEV because of how they have done in the RR lineup (not so hot).

Low inventory and potential factory shut down will also make discounts harder on gas cars soon.

Appreciate the shout!

2 Likes

Is it the one with 4cyl turbo? If so I can’t fantom paying that much for marginal savings in fuel economy

That’s it.

Gas/EV savings are definitely material here as I drive ~20 miles to work every day, can charge when at work.

If I can save 1-2 gallons of gas, 5 days a week… works out pretty well

Do we think this is a good enough deal on the PHEV?

Send me a message with what you want. I’ll push and try and dig deeper on some 20s I was asked to move.

Hey there!

Seen a couple of your YouTube videos, respect what you do!

Do you think this is a decent deal for PHEV?

Given I will drive to work ~20 miles a day, and a back (+20 more miles), and can charge at work, PHEV makes more sense for me.

More wondering if this deal is “Boston concierge worthy” :wink:

That’s Ari from Boston Auto Consulting, but he’s a great guy! I could never be as cool in front of a camera as he is.

It’s a tough call to be honest. I haven’t heard the best about these which is why a dealer should be going deep on it while they won’t on other full size RRs at this time due to inventory (and rarely seeing deep deals on the full size RR). Also, there’s not many out.

I think it depends what your goals are. Do you have to have an RR? Or, could you be satisfied w an X5 45e for 600-700/month less?

I love RR and am not trying to talk you out of it. I’m just not a fan of the PHEV in the RR. Not my car, though! I’m more worried about what the ride feels like with a car that big after the electric range is completed.

2 Likes

I seriously doubt anyone paying $1500 a month to lease a car cares about $100 a month in gas savings but to each it’s own. If you must have it then go ahead

How many months does it take to break even?

1 Like

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. The individual I’m working with on this car is dead set on the PHEV, so unfortunately it’s the only option.

It’s also a special ordered model, so can’t look around at other units sitting on lots (wish we could!)

More just wondering on input for a special ordered Range Rover PHEV at that MSRP… did I do alright for it being a special ordered unit?

Hey there,

Sorry about that misidentification!!

This car is for a friend of mine, they’re set on the PHEV. It’s also a special ordered model because he wanted a unique interior color palette.

Given that it’s special ordered, do you think I did alright on the deal?

Thanks so much for your input!

I would have done 1-2% off but you’ll walk out of there with your limbs.

A solid deal on a full-size is generally 6% off or 5% off for a supercharged model

Anything more than that is very good

PHEV I have no data points on sorry

No worries on the identification. Ari is a great guy so it’s no problem to be associated w him haha

6% on an order?