Deal Check - 2020 Mercedes A220 4MATIC Premium

Hi. Long island area here. Just looking for a deal check.

Was getting quoted from 15 different dealers that were $500+ all day until I found this one and hopped on it. Put down a deposit on a loaner 2020 Mercedes A220 4MATIC Premium with heated steering wheel, heated seats, blindspot monitoring, LED headlights, sunroof, some other small stuff. I know the first 2 are optional add-ons, not sure about the last few but it was written on the invoice as a note. It’s digital white with the beige interior.

It comes out to $445 in the calculator with everything that he told me (I asked for mf, residual, selling price, etc). I don’t see an acquisition fee on the invoice or much of anything else. So the fees and taxes are a mystery. The only thing I’m paying is for plate transfer.

So here’s the thing, he told me it would be $407 basically sign and drive. It’s quite a bit less than what the calculator is showing. Is this a good deal? The score is just shy of being 9 if you just remove the acquisition fee to match the actual monthly that I’m signing for.

This is a bit less than anything I’ve seen on the forums or elsewhere in my search. Even the best broker I could find, couldn’t match this. Is there something I’m missing?

Additional note. Not sure if it matters, but the dealer is like 10 minutes away from me. So no additional shipping fees or anything like that that I see sometimes on here.

Do you have something more than what a sales guy said? Bait and switch is not uncommon.”mistakes” happen a lot once you get to F&I and the numbers are different.

Yeah, I have a pdf with everything filled out that confirms all this in writing.

(I had a 03 gpw s2k with beige interior years ago btw. Loved that car).

If you’re happy with the deal and nobody else can come close, take it. That’s the best indication. Don’t worry about LH score it’s irrelevant.

You had one of ~720! I sold mine and got a mint low mileage AP2 SSM :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m guessing there’s nothing glaring in your eyes about this deal that makes it a red flag then?

Yes I felt incredibly lucky haha. It had the oem side strakes, rear wing, and front lip too. It had 27k miles when I picked it up. Was just sitting in some old dudes garage for its entire life and he traded it into a mercedes dealer in CT. Paid 16.5k for it. Not a literal scratch or buff swirl on it.

Ahhh that color is so cool. I nearly bought a high mileage one before I found the gpw. Always wanted to try the ap2 to see if it still retains the death wish of that rear suspension of the ap1 off the throttle.

How long is the lease for?? A lot of these NY dealers are pushing these 48 month leases…

Just 36 months. I haven’t had an issue with anyone suggesting 48 months, that’s wild lol.

This was about 2 months ago, guess the inventory is starting to flow in lol

Yeah probably. He got these 2 loaners just this morning and he was pretty confident they’d be gone by EOD whether I wanted it or not. He doesn’t get them that often. The normal inventory seemed plentiful though.

14% discount on a 2020 A-class loaner would not be enough for me. You can get this same discount from @AutoCompanion on a new unit.

There is $500 fleet rebate for the A-class. Lots of creative ways to qualify.

Have you thought about putting down MSDs? Would reduce the payment even further.

I thought dealer fees in NY were capped at like $75?

Uhhh I looked into that fleet rebate and there’s no way I’m going to qualify, surely. Says I’d need a minimum of 15 cars registered to a business that I don’t even own?

I’d have to get the car shipped with that broker, or most other brokers that I’ve seen. which kills the deal a bit. The broker fee is $399 as well. He was the first that I tried. We couldn’t reach a deal that was sign and drive at 400 or below.

NY doesn’t allow security deposits, I tried.

I have 2 weeks to pick up this car, so that’s plenty of time to find another deal. But I did my homework and called everywhere and tried brokers. I’m not seeing anything below what I got. I would be ecstatic if I could. Not to mention, this is with 0 security deposits, which is ideal.

There is a entire thread on this forum dedicated to ways to qualify for the fleet discount. I qualify via membership with PenFed credit union. Other clubs and associations offer a similar benefit.

1 Like

Oh cool. I qualify as I work for one of the companies on that list. Didn’t think I’d apply as just an employee.

I’ll give it a try tomorrow to see if it can be applied. Thank you for that.