Deal Check 2020 Kia Stinger GT-Line -Like some help?

Not up here in the northeast. I have probably seen lees than 10 on the roads in MA since the Stinger was released.

There aren’t that many. You only notice them, I suspect, if you like them, like I do.

A red or yellow Sportback also sticks out in a sea of greyscale crossovers

I’ve always liked the Stingers but holy hell their residual value. Best if you tried maybe a 2019 GT-Premium as mentioned above 2018-2019 Kia Stinger’s will be more affordable and upgrade/update wise their isn’t much in the 2020 either than the fact the GT-Line has GT wheels,front bumper, etc. Wonder how the residual on the G70 compares to this Stinger.

I was looking for a 19, but missed the window to lease one by a couple months or so. You can no longer lease '19. I checked on edmunds for the G70, shockingly not much better.

36/15
.00014 MF and 44% residual
$4750 lease cash

Did you looked into buying a new 2019 or 2018? Plenty of leftovers apparently according to Doug DeMuro

Correct. The RV just totally kills the deal vs. the European brands.

@M3-Fast I was lookong at 19s until I found out you can’t lease them anymore. Not in love with the car enough to want to purchase outright. I like the lease plan and swapping cars every few years.

You have a fair concern that you don’t like the car to buy it out. But here’s the deal
$449 per month x 36 = $16,164 lease cost on a 29k car.
$16,200 Residual.

You’ll be much better off financing the car for 60 months from day zero. Not to mention many car maker are doing 0% APR.
Look $28k/60 months roughly evens out to $466.67 per month.
Yes you are paying 24 payments more. The thing is you will end up owning the car this way. This is never typically the case with leases that with just 2 extra years of payments that are roughly around the lease payment you can end up owning the car. This car is much better suited to buy.

What do you think this car would be worth @ month 60? A whole lot more than $0.
High MF + crap residual are what make this a terrible lease.

Just out of thin air, lets say that 5 years from now in 2025, a 2019/2020 car with 75,000 miles would be worth 8-10k.
Lets say you manage to sell it for 10k.
Now take that 10K and divide it over 60 months = $167
$467-167= $300 per month effective cost to own for 5 years & 75k miles.

Numbers look much prettier on a finance.

2 Likes

This is a great point, much better opportunity to finance it outright. You have convinced me to start looking at lease options for bmw and Audi :grin:

They certainly make much more sense to lease.
For example, a BMW 330 is much quicker than a Stinger GT, has far more options. An MSRP of closer to $50k…and the last loaner deal I saw on one was like $370 a month with 0 DAS. Much more bang for the buck

That would be right in my ballpark!

A stinger gt is much quicker than a 330, the gt LINE is the 4 cylinder.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say much quicker,the 330i and Stinger-GT Line have exactly the same horsepower the 330 has slightly higher torque. All other GT trims above that are faster than 330i.

Back OT: If you aren’t a huge Stinger fanatic perhaps do Indeed look at some BMW’s or maybe some AMG’s

While speed is not the point, a 330i is nowhere near quicker than a Stinger GT.