Deal Check 2020 Kia Stinger GT-Line -Like some help?

It looks like its the $89.18 service charge in the per month fees. Get the MF for your zip at edmunds and tell them to adjust it.

are you absolutely sure you want The Kia Stinger?

The BMW going $90-100 cheaper… with msrp of 50k

MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER. Cant even compare the two.
I’ve always wondered what kind of person buys a KIA stinger.
I get buying an Optima and all, but a Stinger?

330Xi M-Sport is a far superior car in every measurable way. German Engineering!

1 Like

I want to post to this forum how do i send one?

You buy the Kia… mmuch better buy… You lease BMW…

MSRP means… nothing.

Higher MSRP doesn’t mean it’s a better car. Lower % of MSRP as a payment doesn’t mean it’s a better value.

3 Likes

But the m330 is comparable isn’t it?

Edit

M340 is overkill. I wouldnt compare a BMW to any KIA.
If you’re a car guy, you would know so much goes into German engineering

Not sure what you mean… you have a link to a 330i with a comment implying either that higher MSRP equals better car and/or lower % means better value

I think he means that the 330xi is a better car for less money

1 Like

Trust me me and my friend tried to get him a Stinger and they wont budge kn the price due to the fact nobody is really buying them and the RV sucks…if i were you i get a BMW 3 series if you want a sporty car or even look but if your looking for a luxury car and don’t wanna break the bank get a Mazda 6 GTR or even a 5 series you have that type of money…all depends on where you want your budget to be. Paying $475 for a basic stinger is insane. Just some advice thats all

1 Like

I truly appreciate all the input. I don’t want you guys to get the wrong idea either.
I’ve been buying / leasing cars for 40 years and there probably isn’t a brand I haven’t owned.
Sports Cars, SUVs, Sedans, and lots of motorcycles as well. Including all the German brands.
My last 3 cars have been Genesis 2012 R Spec, 2014 Equus, and 2018 G80 Sport.
I got a lot of comments then also, but I’ve loved each one, great cars. The lease prices on that brand are crazy now! So I’m looking for a lower payment. The reviews of the Stinger are dam good.
It’s a $39K car and the residual and mf are bad but I’m only renting it for 3 years! Yup BMWs make great cars , until you have to pay the cost to fix one! I also don’t like driving a car I see on every corner!

1 Like

dude what the heck
2012 R spec, 2104 equus, and 2108 g80 sport, and you know BMWs? The models you listed mean nothing to me.

I’ve had a laundry list of BMWs, and never have had any issues. Plus leased ones are under warranty.
Perhaps i’ve been lucky, but they’ve been bulletproof. My guy you’re sounding like someone who is just regurgitating some of the MOST common misconceptions about the brand

test drive a 330xi M-Sport, then we can talk. Otherwise no point in arguing about perceived issues

Fortunately, when you lease it, you’re covered by warranty, so that’s a moot point.

You asked us if the numbers are good and we were honest that it’s not bad deal,last time i checked everyone is here to ask if the deal they got us good or bad and that’s what we’re telling you. It’s your money and you can spend it how ever you want but to me a payment on car that’s lease $475 is not considered low monthly.

I’ve been looking at both Stinger GT line AWD and Genenis G70 AWD, really like both cars, but I can’t seem to get any favorable “deals” on them out there. Are they just not favorable lease vehicles?

Here’s my best quote so far from a dealership, and I thought was really poor.

GT line AWD, 15k miles, 36 mo, zero down, 54155 zip code.
MSRP 36k
Selling price 28,918
RV 45%
MF .00175 (4.2%)!!! What?!
mo quote $449/mo included tax, title, etc

Edmunds said MF .00167 and RV 44%, 6,800 lease cash

Been trying to negotiate between different dealers to find a 1% range, but not happening at all. Any insight?

Hmm people keep looking for this answer. Go watch the Doug DeMuro video on the Stinger he bought.

the REAL DEAL is on the leftover models that are absolutely not selling. Doug bought a brand new 2018 Stinger in 2020…for $36K cause it never sold. Just finance that and you will end up being better off.

Just an FYI- from what I’ve heard KIA is thinking about axing the Stinger, as sales have been disappointing for them. I see them everywhere so I don’t get why/how they aren’t selling besides the fact it is literally a “sports” car from KIA.

1 Like

Not really the case, I think there was a discussion on off the ramp for this as well.
People are getting '19s (earlier this year when inventory was plenty) for $36-38k. Take advantage of the generous 24mo lease cash is almost always the way to go on these Stingers GT’s. Now just wait to '21 goes on sale, the '20 may the same amount of lease cash like the '19s. Honestly right now it’s not bad already, getting under $40k shouldn’t be unrealistic.

I recall Kia initially projecting 40k units sold in 4 years. I’m under the impression they beat that.

I think Kia May be considering axing it for many reasons and not entirely because sales were disappointing compared to expectations. They’re moving off the 3.3T and 2.0T architectures and transitioning to 2.5T and 3.5T with dual clutch transmissions. This tells me they’re overhauling architecture and design. Very possible the Stinger does not fit into this vision.

Would be cool to see the Stinger become a performance oriented electric car, though.