Deal Check 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
MSRP: $40955
Selling Price: $35942 (includes $1200 dealer lease incentive)
Monthly Payment: $455
Drive-Off Amount: $455
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12000
MF: 0.00136
Residual: 61%
Incentives: $1200 dealer lease incentive
Region: Nevada
Leasehackr Score: 8.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link: https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Honda&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=40955&sales_price=35942&months=36&mf=0.00136&dp=-526&dealer_fee=499&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=61&reg_fee=29.95&sales_tax=8.375&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Looking for opinions on this lease. MF matches Edmunds and there is currently a $1200 dealer lease incentive included in the discount.

Had to input a negative value in the calculator for down payment to get it to reflect just first month drive off ($455). Working with another dealer as well with the same trim that gave me a price of $35340, but said Honda is changing incentives on Monday and would send me a detailed quote then. Using that as a selling price brings it down another $19/month.

have you tried finding a 2019 leftover ?

I have not looked at any 2019’s, but I did just come across one at a dealer that is about 120 miles away. I inquired about a 2020 at this dealer and they weren’t too competitive on pricing. According to Edmunds the lease programs have ended for the 2019 model though I assume that just means there are no longer any incentives. Outside of that I wouldn’t know the base MF.

1 Like

Isn’t is standard for a grinder to get about 12% off a Honda Car MSRP?
If so, ask for another discount of about $1,00 off to bring monthly payment down another $30 a month.

Bear

Im getting the following deal in Texas, can somebody let me know if this is a good deal

Doesn’t look like it

What should I aim for to be a good deal? Im going to negotiate

Def don’t go in to negotiate.

What else are you open to if Pilots don’t lease well?

I was also looking at the Toyota Highlander, but did not see any good incentives. Im looking for an SUV that is spacious, third row would be nice but not a deal breaker. I also had in my list the Infiniti QX60.

What would be an SUV medium-large along the same family as the Pilot, that you recommend and leases good?

“Leases well” means different things to different people. Some want a low monthly payment relative to (0.X% of) MSRP. Personally I think that’s meaningless because anyone can just inflate the MSRP to make that metric look artificially good.

If you want a modern vehicle with a lot of modern features I’d look at the Hyundai Santa Fe. The MSRP isn’t as high as some comparable cars so it’s never going to wow anyone on that metric. But you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Back to the Pilot - I sent dealers around my area to quote me on the 2020 Pilot EX-L, and got a better deal with a dealer giving me the sales price of 13% off the MSRP, but that took the payment down to $443 a month.

So, since the sales person from the dealer that gave me the original offer sent me an email asking on how I was doing, I shared that I was shopping around, and shared this offer.

He just sent me an email saying that he was able to get me the offer of $404 a month, 0 down, well just the first payment of $404. Did not share the details on how he was able to go down to that payment, would need to stop by.

That seems like a great deal, but what do you think?

What’s the full breakdown?

This is what i got

Then sent this email