Deal Check: 2020 Honda CRV EX AWD

3 Likes

How this is going to play out…

Honda Dealer: you guys ready sign today? This beauty CRV is ready to roll baby cakes…

OP’s mom: Honey, this seems alittle expensive

OP: Mommmmm, I want it nooooow! I don’t care that it’s $500 a month + tax

Honda Dealer: Congrats, you guys got a great deal today… Welcome to the Honda family

Don’t forget the $9000 down

2 Likes

Thanks for the help guys! I couldn’t reply yesterday due to me being a newbie and ran out of replies. I got to my target price and monthly payment so that’s a win for me! I’m definitely gonna get better the next time around but I will be picking the car up tomorrow! Like I said, this was my first time negotiating since my dad (who passed away 5 years ago) usually does it for us. This really helped my mom and I a lot, especially with her having 4 kids in college and her living in CA. I hope that explains why I had to do it on my own. Again thank you and I hope these 3 years will fly by without any problems. God bless!

2 Likes

UPDATE: I felt like I should update you guys on what happened. The day after I posted my last post (which supposed to be my signing day too), I got a much better offer from another dealership in VA. The dealership was offering $27000, 12k/36m, $0 down, out-the-door $1500 and payment was about $320/month?? (The last offer was about $340/month)

I thought it was a really sweet deal until my mom wanted to see the numbers for buying it. Long story short, we ended up buying/financing the car after negotiating it down to $26,500. With their Honda loyalty incentive and 1.9% APR, we thought it was a great deal. I’m opposed to buying new but my mom insisted. Anyways, now I have a new car that will be with me for 10+ years.

2 Likes

Congrats! For long term ownership of a Honda or similar vehicle, buying brand new is the way to go

Hi

I am looking to lease 2020 honda CRV EX , I am currently driving a Honda 2018 lease. I am trying to negotiate with the same dealer I bought before. My lease return date is not until May and I am willing to put 3000 down and I negotiated the price from 259 to 150.i have equity on old CRV. SO is this a good deal or is it a rip off? . He is saying that with 3000 down he will add all others and it will cost me 4038 ( dealer fees etc ), so he is trying to get 5000 out if me. I dobt understand this? I thought honda dealers need only 20 per cent down?

1 Like

You really need to read leasing 101. Anyone here will tell you not to put money down unless its MSDs.

Honda ownership. Happy Honda days :smirk:

Good pricing, I congratulate on your purchase!

1 Like

Send me a text message, after you read leasing 101, if you have any questions after that, then I will help you.

Thank you. I think I need tonread the leasing 101

1 Like

I did not purchase or sign anything. I am.going to.meet a dealer tomorrow who is going to do an appraisal for me . I am really nervous. I dont want to sign anything at all. I will ehqr the options. Last time two years ago I out 3000 down and end up paying 295 after negotiation per month. Is that too.much ?

Ok I read it. Can you help me please. The blue book value is 19,270. My trade in 19,069 as per the dealer, the down payment lets just say is zero, I want my monthly payments to be at 250 or below ? So how fo I negotiate

Sell the lease to vroom/carvana id you have equity. Your current lease pricing seems high to me. I would aim for $300 a month including down payment

Thank you! I’m sure my dad would think the same. :innocent:

1 Like