Deal Check: 2020 Honda CRV EX AWD

Hello first time leasing and I negotiated but I’m not sure the dealers are ripping me off or not.

MSRP: $30280
Sale Price: $28312
Terms: 12k/36m
RV: 62%
MF: .00119
Down: $0
Doc Fee: $699
Disposition Fee: $350
Out-the-door: $2495
Monthly: $371.59

Am I crazy?!

That’s a horrible deal

2 Likes

That’s what I thought?! Based on my calculations it shouldn’t be that high.

What would be a good deal? I feel like they are using the sign and drive on me but I don’t want that because I want the loyalty incentive.

I’d step back from talking to any dealers specifically until you have a target deal given the current lease programs worked out. What does the lease look like given the current programs with the incentives you qualify for and a 10% pre-incentive discount?

This was what was given to me and I thought it was a good deal and now im second guessing everything. I know I want about $300 a month on it but im not sure to go about it.

Just as a data point, I was at $340 with 0 DAS for the EX when I last poked around in September. This was before any more serious negotiations, ie only talking to one dealer who I had done business with before. It was for 36/10 with $500 loyalty incentive. I do think below 300/month is gonna be tough in the current market.

1 Like

I guess I need to do more negotiating. I’m doing it all on email since I work during the day. I’ll see if I can better rates tomorrow

Your rate is fine, it’s base MF. You need to focus on discount. Shoot this offer to as many dealers in NC as you can, asking to beat by at least 600 bucks.

Also what he said below. :arrow_down:

2 Likes

As @mllcb42 suggested, learn how to use the calculator. The MF, RV and incentives are fixed, you can get those numbers on Edmunds. Using the calculator, you’ll know what discount off MSRP to negotiate to hit the monthly payment you’re comfortable with.

1 Like

So what should I say? “Hey, I got quoted this last night. You think you could knock off about $500? If so, we might make a deal today or tomorrow.”

Ask them to just beat it

Jokes aside, be respectful, present your offer with info blurred out, email a sales manager and just say upfront, look beat this by $XXX, make it reasonable but higher and try and get a counter where you want, do some research on the search bar (top right) to see what people have been getting, what is reasonable, especially with that doc fee. Last bit is good, be dedicated if you get a deal where you want it that’s a ‘good deal’ to what market discounts and money factor, with no add ons (tinting, etc), then go for it, just check here first lol.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will try my best!

1 Like

Do you qualify for loyalty, college grad, etc?

I believe loyalty will be applied

Update!!

MSRP: $30280
Sale Price: $27756
Terms: 12k/36m
RV: 62%
MF: .00119
Down: $0
Doc Fee: $439
Disposition Fee: $350
Out-the-door: unknown (they want me to come in first)
Monthly: unknown (based in calculations about $300?)

Good deal??

Does that sales price include your loyalty incentive?

What numbers did you get when you took the current lease programs and calculated them for your situation assuming a 10% pre-incentive discount as discussed earlier?

No, not yet. I will be co-signing with my mom and she’s the one that owns two Hondas. I’m not sure if the incentive will apply because we haven’t disclosed to them that we will be doing that. If I take this, will this be considered sign and drive? I know the deal is going on now but I didn’t want that. Some dealerships are putting that into the calculations and I’m over telling them that’s not what I want. I’m also aware that with the sign and drive, the loyalty incentive can’t be used so another reason why the sign and drive is a no for me.

I’m not sure how anyone can answer this when you don’t know the monthly or the DAS amount.

2 Likes

If you really want people to help you, please post a calculator link with all the correct data filled in

2 Likes