Deal Check: 2020 genesis g70 prestige 3.3t

Hello,

In orange county california and looking to lease a new car. will be trading in a car i owe 32000 on for 33500 so about $1500 trade equity.

Here is the deal break down.

That’s a good deal.

Dude…pull your current car out of the deal. Try and sell to Cravana, Zoom, etc.

Carvana,zoom, Carmax are offering less than that. I’d have to try and sell it privately and it’s not an easy car to sell

Genesis is a very nice car! Almost got one but was able to get a $64K 540i for $385 36/10. Just a lot more car for the money. Good Luck…you’ll be happy with the car and the concierge service.

1 Like

We don’t have too many data points on Genesis G70, so this is helpful.

On the face of it, $4,000 in lease cash plus $5,000 discount seems good. MF seems reasonable; you could ask on Edmunds Forums what the buy rate is to see if it’s been marked up.

Even if it’s marked up, that may be OK given the big discount. Sometimes dealers need to compensate their F&I departments and will offset an inflated MF with a bigger discount. Is this the best quote you’ve gotten?

Out of curiosity, what lease are you trading in?

Best offer so far yea, not a ton of genesis dealers like other car brands.

Would be trading in a 2017 focus rs that I have financed through my bank, not a lease return

Can someone please let me know what would be a good lease deal for genesis g70 sport package 3.3T for 12k miles/3 yr with 3k down payment and 750 above credit score?

This forum doesn’t work like this. Read leasing 101 and look for comparable deals. But most importantly, learn to structure how leasing works.
At a high level

• Get target discount before incentives
  • Get incentives listed from the internet and make sure what you qualify for
  • Get RV and MF from Edmunds and make sure dealer is giving you that.

Thanks for your response. New to this forum, shall read through the leasing 101 :+1:

Hi, whats the money factor, residual value, and lease or loyalty credits if any for a 2021 Genesis G70 3.3 sport

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post of the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

thank you :pray:

I just want to make sure you are aware a major redesign for the G70 is coming in a few months.

It’s here :+1:

1 Like

It’s beautiful.

385 for a brand new 540??? Send me your dealer info that is unheard of… unless it’s a base loaner but still

+1 @TonyI - Care to share details of the deal you got?

2 Likes

No way that car was a 2021, probably not even a 2020.

It was a loaner 2019 from a deal made in September of 2019… so completely irrelevant.

2 Likes