Deal Check: 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - $43,380 MSRP $2250 DAS $334/mo @ 24mo

So they’d state it is nearly $69k MSRP when the sticker price is $63k? Seems hard to believe.

Then, like you said, good luck getting that sale price, too.

Found it on the desktop version. Wouldn’t come up on the app.

Did you end up signing this deal with the new dealer that still gave you the discount?

Not yet… I’m hoping somebody cracks before the end of the month.

What’s the issue? Just wanting to get the dealer to give you any kind of discount before the power dollars rebate?

On a factory order I can get 4% below invoice, but on an in stock unit I am fighting to just get $500 off MSRP. The difference is about $1300 so I’m leaning towards going the factory order route as I think the rebates will hold until the vehicle could be delivered. It will also have the added benefit of being a 2021.

I finally found a dealer willing to honor my Chrysler affiliate pin and sell an in-stock unit for 1% below invoice. This works out to about a $1800 pre-incentive discount. The only downside is apparently my PenFed incentive will not stack w/ affiliate pricing, however the affiliate pricing is worth about $800 more then the targeted incentive, so seems like a net win.

Another interesting wrinkle, for whatever reason, the manual scat packs are subject to the gas guzzler tax but the automatic scat packs are not (they report 1mpg better). This means that although the automatic is a $1500 option, since you are saving $1000 on the gas guzzler tax, the net cost of the automatic is only $500. This has convinced me to go automatic.

Trying to lock down the deal tomorrow.

1 Like

Are you going charger or challenger?

Challenger

You can’t residualize gas guzzler tax on Chrysler cap leases, not sure how it works out in your scenario.

Also Not sure why a8 scat packs don’t have the gg tax.

Sorry meant to add more to my question did you try this at all on the charger automatic. I’m curious not that I want to garage a car payment this winter.

It doesn’t work as well with the Charger, because the Balloon RV is lower then the Challenger, but it’s still much better then the prevailing leasing terms offered right now. It’s also a little bit easier to get a pre-incentive discount on a Charger.

I run the numbers for a charger scat pack at is like 320 a month with around $27700 remaining after the 24 months

Updated first post with new deal structure.

Is going to be 36 months with the new structure

Yeah, I wanted to bring down the DAS, from $3000 to $1400, and the payment was about $15 cheaper at 36mo with the new DAS. I didn’t see a real downside to 24mo vs 36mo as I can buyout the vehicle at any time.

Make sense since as you said you can sell the car at any point

This is an NJ dealer? After you sign, could you let me know the name? I probably won’t do anything about it but dream, but, hey, what can ya do. And that is including tax? And were you a member of that bank before this?

You can join pen fed anytime. I think I joined a few years ago and threw five bucks in. I’m interested in the dealer as well, these cars are not dropping in value anytime soon.

just curious if i even have to go through that. once upon a time, a dealer joined me up with a CU to get a good rate.