Deal Check: 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack - $43,380 MSRP $2250 DAS $334/mo @ 24mo

They have a payment calculator which shows the RV but you have to be a member to access it. After you login, you can select the Auto Loans product and then click “estimate payment” next to the new payment saver loan option.

Msrp to invoice is a very small margin on scat packs + hellcats, couple that with no incentives in general + highly desirable car with lack of inventory and this is the result.

People sh*t on fca all day on this forum but the 392 and hellcat engines sell like literal hot cakes, they are the last of a true muscle car era.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a manual, I was just curious if it had the automatic or manual.

Did not know that they don’t factor options properly, makes sense then in that aspect to get a base.

How much is a base hellcat out of curiosity?

I think it’s a good deal and should work out cheaper than a lease. Like you said there is a small risk but given the market for Challengers and that the vehicles don’t really change much (aside from different trims) makes it a much better bet.

Agree about the blind spot monitoring, crazy that they sell them with such tiny mirrors and big blind spots. Maybe there’s an easy aftermarket solution.

I’ve added a few different used Challengers to my watchlist and even quite heavily modified versions still sell for crazy high prices.

Market is seriously out of whack atm.

Like I said on the other thread the selling price of my hellcat was about $67k 3 years ago and it recently sold for 56-57k within a day. Normally that’s a 45-47k car.

The scat pack is even more insane, seen some used ones priced near new ones lol.

I hear the widebody is especially fetching a premium and they routinely are selling with 0 dealer discount + ADM due to inventory shortage.

1 Like

$3000 DAS and $450mo gets you into a Hellcat. But good luck getting one below MSRP.

You can get one with options below msrp but that doesn’t help you lol.

Crazy payment for a base hellcat, would be interesting to see how the residual value works after 3 years.

This is a 24-mo balloon? What is the RV?

Those houndstooth seats man :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

Post some pics!

On a base Hellcat, with a 24mo balloon.
MSRP Value $68,870
Residual Value $46,050

That’s a 67% RV. It will certainly outperform this RV and is somehow inferior to Scat Pack.

Here is the other smoking deal you can get w/ Penfed;
Make JEEP
Year 2021
Model GLADIATOR
Body Crew Cab Sport
MSRP Value $39,030
Residual Value $32,750

That’s a 84% RV for 24mo. You can get payments under $150/mo with a little effort.

2 Likes

Unlike a closed-end lease, a balloon with a high RV could leave the buyer very much underwater.

2 Likes

You can’t do the balloon payment on suv or hybrids!

I’ve been using penfed balloon for years. C7
Z06 and f type svr are the most recent two. Also did a porsche before that.

Where does it say that? I only see that it’s not available for electric vehicles

Hybrid, suvs are both excluded. It says right on the line when youre doing the payment quotes. Also smart cars are a no go too.

How did you calculate $3k DAS and $450/mo on this? My real rough back of the napkin says over $700 BEFORE INTEREST. Unless there is massive trunk money beyond the $7k power incentive.

No trunk money on a hellcat, I’m assuming that’s at invoice?

When they produce the right amount of these minus the 2016 debacle they don’t need any extra trunk money, the 7k pd is the trunk money.

Where is the balloon payment option on PenFed?
This will be fun to play around with.

Actual MSRP of a base Hellcat is right around $63K.
If you factory order, you can get 4% below invoice. That’s about $4K off MSRP
Subtract $7170 in power dollars rebates.
Add back in $3700 in taxes and $1200 in fees totals $4900.
Lets round that up and say OTD is $57K

At the last minute, dealer refused to honor the the 1.8% discount when they figured out I wasn’t financing the vehicle with them. They changed the sales price to MSRP plus $300 instead ($41,865). This dealer is Ramsey CJD in Ramsey, NJ and I would avoid these guys. I still have another offer with a sales price $40,995, which is a 1.4% discount pre-incentive, not a huge difference, but these CDJ dealers are just nasty to deal with.

1 Like