Deal Check: 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD RST MSRP: $55,200 $0 DAS $565/mo 39m/10k

Carvana is offering me $5000 more then my buyout on my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport and I am having a hard time passing that up. I can’t replicate my Gladiator deal from pre-Covid days, due to both inventory and terms. As much as I’ve enjoyed the Jeep features, I can pickup a Silverado with a $10K higher MSRP for the same monthly now.

Options
5.3L V8, All-Star Package, Z71 Off-Road & Protection, Convenience II, Towing Package, Leather Package, Bed Protection, Assist Steps, Wheel Locks / Floor Liners.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD RST
MSRP: $55,200
Sales Price: $52470 (5.8% pre-incentive)
Rebates: $1750 (Lease Conquest)
Bank fee $695
DMV and dealer fees $700
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10000
Monthly Payment: $565 (including NJ tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $565 (First Month)
MF: .00052 (1.25%)
Residual: 63%
Region: New Jersey
Best Effort Calculator Link

The pre-incentive discount is weak, especially compared to @ethanrs who is offering 10%, but it’s hard to find a Silverado RST equipped like this and I haven’t done much better after talking to a couple dealers. I do have the GM supplier code, but it only reduces the discount by about $480 and is not worth the hassle of involving my employer.

GM is offering a $5000 discount on cash purchasing, and I looked into Ally as a non-captive option, but the MF is so much higher that the monthly worked out to be the same, and I would prefer to do business with GM. Also looked into a GMC Sierra but prefer the RST. Ram & Ford payments are both higher when similarly equipped.

Yes it is, the dealer will get reibursed from GM when you use the code (if you send the VIN I can tell you how much). Offer to split the reimbursement with the dealership, it would net you the $480 difference in discount and the split in reimbursement will be another $500 or so. The great thing is they’ll say yes because without it they’ll lose profit but by using it the both of you win.

3 Likes

I just did the same thing and traded my Gladiator in to Ethan over the weekend.

2 Likes

Dealer contacted me this morning and told me vehicle was no longer available. What a crazy market.

Also what hassle? You go online and get a supplier certificate. Takes 2 minutes.

How is the Chevy compared to the gladiator? Wife really likes the gladiator look but the Chevy is way more functional plus better power train options.

Ram and Ford pay more with the same equipment - yes, that’s true. When I start thinking about buying a truck, I start looking for a dealer that suits me. My manager gave me a bonus and I bought my silverado 3500 with a wallworktruck. I liked how quickly everything was formalized considering that I took the truck on credit. Many dealers take high interest and payments, so everyone must decide what he needs and choose the right dealer. Thank you for your post and good luck.