Deal check 2020 BMW X3 in Hawaii

, ,

Hey everyone!

This is my first potential lease and I’m looking for some help on a 2020 BMW X3. I’ve been reading a few other posts regarding Hawaii, so some of you may already know that we are limited to one BMW dealership on the islands. I used the lease calculated but the numbers just don’t seem to add up to what the dealership is offering. These figures are also after substantial negotiating with our sales rep.

Here are the details (I’ve also attached a picture of the sheet)

BMW 2020 X3 sDrive30i
MSRP: $42,945
Sales price: $42,045
Mileage: 10,000
Term: 36 months
Down payment: $6,500
Monthly payment $399
Residual value (58%): $24,908
Money factor: .00148
Acquisition fee: $925
Sales tax 4.712
Dealer and government fees total to: $695

Using these numbers the lease calculator shows that my monthly lease payment should be $370. Thank you for your guys help in advance! Also sorry if I left anything out, let me know if you guys need any additional info.

Kai

If you post your calculator, we can help figure out the problem.

I know Hawaii is a limited market, but $900 discount seems ridiculous. To add insult to injury, they’re marking up the mf too.

Also, putting $6500 down is a horrible idea.

1 Like

Seems like you’re better off shipping something from the mainland. These is abysmal

2 Likes

Thanks! Ya I thought the MF was high… is that something I can negotiate?

Trash deal but considering your alternatives (ship from mainland) they know your hands are tied.

I’d take aim at 10% but considering the market even invoice (6.5%) and buy rate would be worlds better than where you’re at now.

1 Like

You can negotiate to the base level of .00128. That’s it. To lower it, you can also use MSD

1 Like

Which would be a much better use of your $6500

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it! Is this calculator a good example of If I were able to get them down on the price of the vehicle, lower the MF, and max out my MSD’s?

Looks reasonable. I’d still recommend not putting money down up front other than MSDs. If the car is totaled (wrecked, stolen, volcano flowed), you lose all your money you put down (MSDs not included)

1 Like

Minimum discount try for invoice and base MF. Do MSDs and 0 drive off.

Won’t hear that one often on LH but HI/AK are such different markets that invoice is almost a steal there.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for all your help. I think I’m going to pass on this one, really seems like a terrible deal. On top of that I asked about MSDs to the sales rep and he ghosted me. Oh well!

Yeah this deal is truly terrible. I’m honestly surprised they aren’t at least willing to go invoice given EOY push but that’s Hawai’i market for you where you get half the goods for twice the cost.

Ya I honestly think it’s because they are the only BMW dealership on the island and can charge this amount to the next person who’s not going to be a pain in the ass. Lol