Deal Check: 2020 Audi A5 Premium Plus Coupe

LH, after having taken in this incredible site and the forums; I know this isn’t a GREAT deal but hoping to confirm it is at least a DECENT deal before I sign when the car arrives at the dealership. Appreciate any and all feed back - Thanks!

and yes I know you guys hate Audi’s

11% off an Audi is a good deal. Did you confirm MF with Edmunds? If so I’d sign. Also there should be 1k in loyalty if you qualify.

1 Like

Good to know and thanks for the response. I did confirm with Edmunds.

I think I’ve gathered Audi generally doesn’t accept MSDs?

They do. You personally can’t because you are a NY resident, Audi fs won’t allow it for residents, and in state can’t offer it legally afaik. (MSDs)

Discount isn’t bad, dealer fee looks wrong, and no incentives? 11% including incentives is terrible, preincentive that’s on the lower end of doable as I’ve seen.

Your tax structure was wrong, it needs to be on total lease cost for ny. Did you verify rv and MF for your dealer’s zip code or your own?

1 Like

Interesting thanks. The discount is pre-incentives - afraid i don’t have any incentives to leverage as far as I know. Confirmed MF and RV with Edmunds .00033 and 54% respectively.

Good call on the sales tax. I corrected that and pasted new calculator below for good measure. Salesperson is leading me to believe that drive off would just be first month and $277.5 DMV with sales tax rolled into the monthly…?

Yikes, I can’t recommend you get this car, you could get a c43 amg for this money. With a broker, no loyalty, add broker fee, 576/month 2k das including tax.

Sweet car and what I would want to drive if was going $60k plus but seems like it really isn’t the same money at all? $22K all in vs. $27K all in and $6K in MSD locked up for 4 years

$7300 per year for the Audi, $6750 per year for the MB. Different lease terms makes the MB look more expensive.

2 Likes

22k/3 > 27/4. 6k return on investment is very high at 2k/4 years or .5k/year on a 6k investment. It’s a much better deal.

You’re ‘committed’ for longer, but it’s a cheaper per annum car, and you can transfer without an issue with Mercedes, versus audi you’re on the hook for any damages or missed payments. It’s also a much nicer car IMO.

Ahem… 22/3>27/4

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m playing overwatch right now, I can’t be held responsible for any typographical mistakes as I’m yelling at my teammates to stop feeding.

1 Like

Right and you nailed it with the C43 - much more desirable and would love to drive one.

To throw “yikes” around based on a counter that has completely different terms seems a little dramatic. Or maybe I’m the one being dramatic :slight_smile:
@HersheySweet @mllcb42 hypothetically, without a number of the necessary hacking tools at your disposal (MSD, incentives) what monthly would you be targeting for this car?

I didn’t mean to be dramatic, I am the forum’s dramatic teenager after all.

I said yikes as there are no incentives on a common non-performance audi. This mercedes is an AMG C43, which honestly is a much nicer product for roughly the same price and the benefit of being able to transfer if you don’t like it.

I value that flexibility a lot, say a year from now you want something else, that good deal on an AMG will let you hop into something else with minimal pain, financially speaking.

I dont know where people ended up with this information. I’ve now leased two Audi’s back to back with max MSD’s. I am a 100% NY resident with taxes and mailing address to prove it and both vehicles were signed in the outside of NY state of NJ.

You can absolutely be from NY and apply MSD’s.

It’s manufacturer dependent as to if they will allow NY residents do MSDs through an out of state dealer. Most will, but some (Lexus I think) won’t.