Deal Check: 2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Tech

Hello,

Leased a Kia Sorento SX in 2017 with advice from this forum. Now that the lease is about to be up soon I’m looking to maybe upgrade.

I got this offer from an Acura dealer on the MDX:

I found the MF and RV from Edmunds and they’re at .00069 and 53% respectively, with $4450 dealer incentive.

The selling price from the offer is great I thought. If I plug that value into the calculator I get this:
Calc

That seems too good to be true. I asked the dealer for the MF he was using and he responded with .00225. He also seems to be using a 54% RV.

How should I counter here? $325 from the calculator is way off from his $599. But I’m not even sure the $325 is correct.

Thanks.

So lately, Acura has been offering two lease programs. One is a full fat MF of .00225 with a large direct to dealer incentive and one is a subvened MF (the .00069 you’re seeing from edmunds) with a smaller direct to dealer incentive.

In this case, the dealer is using the larger incentive to make it appear they’re giving a discount that’s too good to be true, but with the high MF. You’ll want to do a bit more digging to figure out what that incentive amount is (autobytel might have it) so you can compare between the two options. If memory serves, they usually work out to be roughly the same cost, but you need the other number to determine what the dealer is actually offering here as far as pre-incentive discount.

You are double counting the incentive.

I don’t think dealers get to pick with program to use. AFS assigns the different programs to different regions.

I have seen at least one region where both incentive options were offered (which would also be consistent with why the dealer is using one number set and edmunds is quoting another).

Yeah the 0.00225 MF was with $8800 dealer incentive, which he was using to bring the price down to the $41,926.

After much back and forth the best he could do was $559 with $1263 down, which isn’t really much of a difference from his first offer.

My figures were more optimistic.

So, no deal.

Thanks for the help.

What about a plep version?