Deal check: 2019 BMW X2 M35i

Mistyped, my mistake.

Honestly, do you need a hot hatch sav from BMW?

This is like x4 money almost.

There is some definite confusion going on here. There’s no reason why the 2020 would have a lower RV than the 19.

Someone mistyped/misread. My guess is that your numbers there are reversed.

1 Like

No he is not wrong unless the edmunds mod made a mistake (very unlikely). Edmunds mod said it twice in 2020, and once in 2019 for each rv.

1 Like

Those numbers are def inverted.

No way a 2019 has a higher residual than a 2020. Double check Edmunds. They’re human and fat finger things.

The 2020 number given prior to my ask for 36/12k was 56%. That’s right in line with 57% for 36/10k. I’m pretty certain the 2020 numbers are accurate, being given twice already. The 2019 numbers were only given once, so that has a higher potential to be human error.

Mod: 36/12 56% rv on 2020 m35i x2
Mod: 36/10 57% rv on 2020 m35i x2
Mod: 36/10 59% rv on 2019 m35i x2
Mod 36/12k 58% rv on 2019 m35i x2

See a pattern? Either a mistake repeated 4x or it’s true somehow idk.

I believe you that that’s what they said.

I don’t believe that that is accurate information. It makes zero sense that the 19s would have a higher RV than the 20s.

Unless they’re just trying to dump them off

They wouldn’t jack up the rv, they’d increase the incentives.

I default to you and the contract says 56. But has a 3% residual bump to 59 wtf?

I just took the bump to mean that there’s a base set on some term length / mileage combo, and 36/10k qualifies 3% added to whatever that base is. It does seem odd though.

Also, I just asked for clarification on the 2019 numbers, so we’ll see what comes of that.

That part wouldn’t be that weird. 56% probably quoted off of 15k and then a 3% increase for 10k. That’s fairly normal.

That contract info would be consistent with the 59% number from edmunds.

I wonder if BMWFS fubar’d the numbers when they released them. That’d explain why edmunds has the numbers as they do.

1 Like

Honestly OP, my worthless 2 cents, if you’re paying 550 a month with tax all rolled in, just get that cheap Alfa giulia someome posted for 260 a month all in, Utah only. Maybe a 60k 5 series from Idaho works too on marketplace from a dealer, this doesn’t look great, with low incentives and I doubt a dealer will budge to make the worth your time and money.

Well I’m thinking I can get it down to about $450/month all in, but that is an intriguing idea. I’ll have to try to find that post.

You are Utah right? 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport RWD, 14 months, 13,400 miles remaining, one-pay, $4,000 DAS

Yes, I am. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Happy to help, better than finishing my AP java projects or learning something useful right now, like recession proof unemployment.

I’m actually coding right now haha

Haha nice, I’m a dual enrolled AP student, but I still can’t code ‘well’…

When did UC+ go up?

You shouldn’t need it on a 36/10. 12 is on the iffy side and 15 id definitely get it.