Deal Check: 2016 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium $18,950 +tax/fees 33k mi

$21,330 Estimated total (includes all taxes, fees, registration, and incentives, but excludes extended warranty)

$283.50/month ($300 with extended warranty)

3.43% APR
5 years
6k down

It’s a turbo!

https://shift.com/car/2016-blue-subaru-forester/c1234392

How many years and miles does the $1,300 warranty cover? If it covers the entire finance term, might be a solid deal. After five years, you should be able to sell the car for more than the $6K down payment, so monthly finance + depreciation cost should be well under $300/month if you want to look at it that way.

Also you might be able to find cheaper used car rates from a credit union.

Also looks like sale of car is pending.

1 Like

Is it worth it? 2016 Subaru Forester 2.0XT (turbo) Premium with 33k miles.

A :crystal_ball: extended warranty. What’s the coverage? How many miles and/or years is it for?

Through Subaru or third party. I had great service through route66, so use them as a comparison, pricewise.

1 Like

Length, term, what does it cover, where can you use it and what parts, what company if not Subaru, etc?

Subaru offered me something like $650 for 3 years.

It’s from https://shift.com/protection#vehicle-protection-plan. Let me get back to you with the details.

Stick with Subaru Gold Plus Warranty if you can get it. Paid 1695 for a 10 yr / 100k warranty.

1 Like

Its covering the car up to 105k miles for 6 yrs $0 deductible.

Yes, the coverage is fully comprehensive, bumper to bumper (covers everything besides wear and tear items (things like brakes, tires, oil changes, spark plugs)
It covers over 7,500 parts on the vehicle mechanical and electrical such as sensors, sensors. It’s Basically like adding a manufacture warranty, it’s designed to mimic it.

Exclusionary Coverage is the highest level of coverage that a vehicle qualifies for once it is outside the manufacturer’s coverage. This level of coverage will cover all components on the vehicle with some exceptions. For example, normal wear-and-tear items are not included which is the same for factory warranties

The original warranty has expired so I don’t think I can add the Subaru Gold Plus Warranty. I think that’s one of the requirements