Deal and Calculator Check - VW Tiguan SE AWD 15k/35mo (deal 1: $486/mo, $1.8k DAS; deal 2: $526/mo, $18.k DAS)

I have 2 competing offers from VW dealerships in the Seattle area (where I’m based). Both are for a Tiguan SE AWD, 15k/36mo.

Deal 1 has a total payment cost (monthly + DAS) of $19,288 versus deal 2’s 20,717. So obviously deal 1 is better.

However, I’m trying to (A) validate if this is a good deal, and (B) understand why I cannot tie the financials shared by the dealerships to the leasehackr calculator or my own manual excel I’ve made to re-create the math.

I’ve attached below (1) a screenshot of the terms from deal 1, (2) a picture of the print out sheet for deal 2, and (3) screenshot of my manual excel.

Here is my attempt at re-creating deal 1 in the leasehackr calculator. I can’t figure out why the calculator monthly payment comes out to $493, my manual excel comes out to $529, and the lease terms from the dealer come out to $485. All different!

Similar story with deal #2 (leasehacker link here) – calculator says monthly is $461, the dealer sheet says $525.47, and my excel says $604.29.

I’ve been staring at this for far too long, so apologies if I’m missing something basic here. But my gut is currently telling me that the deal sheets they’ve given me are withholding key information and I won’t fully understand the ins and outs of the deal until I see the final purchasing contract. So any guidance on how to proceed from here would be great.

IMG_20240403_233334

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Decoding Cash Incentive Terms and Conditions for VW and other related questions