DAS $0 or pay upfront fees

In the past 8-9 years, I always paid first-month payment, Doc, DMV, and taxes on rebates/incentives up front to keep the monthly installment low.

Now the new dealer I’m working with does DAS $0 to roll everything including first-month payment in cap cost and first monthly due is from Feb (next month) which makes my monthly installment significantly higher.

Which one is the prefer? Would like to know the pros and cons. To go with DAS $0 or pay upfront fees to keep monthly installment low? Thanks a lot for the advice.

This is just an example:
Drive-Off: $1,548

• First Month Payment: $765
  • Down Payment: $0
  • Upfront Fees: $515
  • Upfront Taxes: $268

With DAS$0 - monthly $860

What is the money factor on this particular mystery car?

3 Likes

A $95 difference in the payment doesn’t make sense for that amount of DAS unless the money factor is crazy high and your lease term is very short.

1 Like

Pros of $0 das:
Money isn’t at risk if.the car is totaled
Money isn’t spent if you transfer the lease
Money is kept liquid
You see your actual cost and don’t trick yourself into thinking the cost is lower because of the lower monthly.

Cons of $0 das:
Small amount of rent charge on the das amount. How much depends on mf.

5 Likes

if you run the LH calculator, you can easily manipulate these different scenarios. It will also calculate the total cost of the lease.

If the MF is close to 0, why not do $0 DAS. If it’s high, you will have your answer in the LH calculator.

If they are nearly the same- it’s a wash.

2 Likes

BMWFS 0.00082

1 Like

Is this a vehicle on order? Bmw mf changed for January from .00082

Yes, Dec Lock

Ordered 12/1
Arrived 1/9

Even if I take 0.00084. It’s diff of $2-3 per month as per LH calc.

When I click Capitalize all Payment Check box - Do I need to input Acq, DMV, Doc in the lower boxes or leave them blank? What about the Pay dealer fees upfront button?

How many months is the lease? Going from $1500 das to $0 das should only raise your monthly by about $43/mo after the rent charge increase on a 36 month.

1 Like

I believe that the calculator overrides them being checked, but ideally they should be not checked.

you will need to input acquisition fee, dealer fees, government fees, but when you check capitalize all payments, it will roll them into the calculator.

2 Likes

it’s 36/10K

Thank you! I will compare both numbers side by side.

Are your numbers in the first post made up or is that what they’re actually offering?

both are real numbers

With DAS $0 is the real number from dealer

Without DAS is what I calculated in LH calculator.

Diff of $95

The 95 per month difference seems too high.

Then you’re doing something incorrect with the calculator.

Does it match the dealer offer when you match the DAS?

Good question thanks

just checked LH calc…by inputting all dealer numbers and clicking capitalize all payments comes to $826 vs his number $860

looks like they are doing something which doesn’t match.

I have asked them to give me the breakdown of all fees.

If you post a link to your calculator, we can help identify any issues.