Cx90 prefered Plus - $439 Sign and drive - with $922 Equity- Florida

I have been searching for the past few months to find an opportunity to replace my CX-9 Sport 2022 (Signed Mazda CX-9 2022 Sport $295/month after trade in). This month, I finally came across a good opportunity for the CX-9 Preferred Plus due to a substantial lease cash offer (2K, $500 loyalty, 1.5K for trade-in or returning a CX-9 lease, or $1000 for the current lease).

Since I have been extremely busy, I decided to enlist the help of a broker on LH. I received a quote with a 5% discount off the MSRP. The offer was $570 sign and drive without a trade-in and $600/month with a trade-in, factoring in my approximately $1000 negative equity.

I have a friend who can run my car through ACV, and based on the most recent data, my payoff was $28,078. In the best-case scenario, I could make $28.5k after fees. So, I decided to initiate my own negotiation.

My target price was $430 sign and drive for 24/12 and $400 for 30/12 with 9 security deposits, based on a 10% discount off the MSRP and a trade-in equity of $1000. I aimed for the Platinum Quartz Metallic color, and within a 300-mile radius, there are five dealers with that specific color in my price range. As a backup, I negotiated for the Deep Blue Crystal color as well.

I managed to secure the Deep Blue Crystal at an 8% discount, and my local dealer claimed they could beat the price, but unfortunately, they only wasted my time. Last night, I spoke with another dealer, and they also agreed to an 8% discount and accepted my offer for the trade-in value.

While I don’t have all the numbers, here is the calculator link. The sales manager mentioned that this deal might not be replicable, but I already have two more dealers who can offer something similar, albeit with a few hundred dollars more.
EDITED: by looking at the contract it seems they added a service contract and higher sales price and at the same time they increase the trade in value to keep the payment at $439.61 Sign and drive. I was in Rush to drive back home and did not pay attention to detail just looked at the Monthly payment.

7 Likes

Great example of a lease hack of a combustion vehicle in today’s environment. Not just the end result but starting the process by knowing which make, model and trim to target in the first place.

3 Likes

Congrats !! Even more impressive for a FL deal, curious, north FL?

I am sure lots of Floridans will inquire.

Great deal. The returning CX-9 loyalty is huge.

This specific color was central florida , but as i said i have two more in tampa and central florida available with diffrent color and $7-10 more or less.

It can be a good deal for 30 months and 12,000 miles for non-Mazda owners. This is a sample with a $510 sign-and-drive offer.

Great job, congrats.