CX9 Touring with Prem Deal - VA Tax question

So I think the 4K is an estimation on the Mazda system of total taxes (including Loudon property tax ) so I think it’s beginning to add up now.

1 Like

Also it seems there is a first month waived incentive - however im not sure where to add that in the calculator so if anyone knows that would be great. If i add it under incentive then the amount due at signing goes down (i think)

In line with what has been said above i guess they are taking the total of taxes/tags/fees and using it as a downpayment and rolling the TTF into the monthly. Either way i believe it works out the same.

MSRP 40755
Sale price 36917
Incentives $1500
MF .00005
RV 57%

DAS (Cash payment /TTF depending on how you swing it) $2429
Monthly $360

Right, it was extremely hard to discover this rebate

1 Like

Interesting. TFS includes property tax in the lease costs at almost $900/year average? That’s a lot. How do they reimburse you based on the actual tax Loudon charges if it is lower?

2 Likes

So per my understanding , it’s an estimate for taxes over the course of the lease. I don’t Pay it upfront so my DAS and monthly doesn’t change.

To clarify , I pay the sales tax upfront (4.15%). The calculation on their end includes estimated property taxes for duration.

1 Like

That’s what I hoped for, but still don’t know why they do it since property tax rates may change 3 times during lease duration. I think only Ford (?) includes property tax in their leases.

1 Like

Yeah it confused me too. From confirming with the sales manager and reviewing the tax screen grab above it notes “estimated taxes” so it’s speculation but maybe designed to give a total overall cost for those in a lease.

1 Like

They will bill you, so yeah.

1 Like

Yeap understood I should get it semi annually from Loudon. Maybe they assume that and then +- what it actually is once the sum is confirmed.

If TFS works the same way as Volvo, you will not get anything from Loudon. They send the bill to TFS and TFS bills you.

1st month waiver reduces your DAS. So you “jerry-rig” a DAS figure to be lower by your waived amount. I would also note it in the “Memo” box so you leave a trail.

1 Like

Can in close? Standards are slipping Quality not quantity.

@Ursus @824 QQ for you : below is the lease worksheet they have sent me. I see the GAP for Mazda is $850 so I will ask they remove that and go with adding into insurance (progressive) as it will be cheaper.
Would this reduce the monthly or how is it included ?

I am awaiting a call from finance however line 34 is also not clear to me. Any advice would be much appreciated

Depends on where they put it - lower monthly if they add it to cap cost or lower DAS if they charge you upfront.
Edit: I see line 32 says N, so must be included into cap cost and then answer is ‘yes’, removing it will lower monthly.

Line 34: do you do MSDs?

Taxes are high. Did they combine sales tax with estimated property tax there?

No MSDs. The original price was $2k down and $370/m ( I was planning on it for title/taxes/tag/fees however I think on their end they were using it as cash down)

Yeah line 34 is confusing me also.

Yes tax is sales tax and estimated property tax. Unusual but only an estimate on their end.

The supposed delivery is tomorrow AM but unless I’m able to speak with finance and see what they are doing its likely delivery will not be tomorrow.

Hey @824 @Ursus . Managed to get a copy of the lease contract before delivery tomorrow and i think it all adds up. $2000 on delivery & a monthly of $348.35. Monthly is now lower as CAP ($850) is removed - will have it added into insurance for less $/

MSRP 40655
Sales price 36390
Gross Cap Cost 39108
Cap cost 35608.19

MF .00005
RV 57% - $23173

$1500 Incentives
Monthly : $348

Thank you all very much for the forum in general and help with this lease!

1 Like

Very nicely done. Please step up to the top podium spot. FYI: MSDs are your friend.

Future Hackr Data Points (final deal):

$40,655 MSRP
$36,390.04 Selling Price PRE-incentives
$ 4,265 Discount (no lease cash in region)
10.5% Pre-Incentive Discount

Buy rate MF 0.00005

Incentives:
No Lease Cash
$750 Loyalty
$750 Captain Chairs
$348 1st Month Waived

Car was delivered and love it already. Thanks again LH and @Ursus @824 for all the help & crunching numbers.

Happy to help if anyone has any questions on CX9 or the dealership. Thanks all!