Currently you can't transfer Mercedes leases

I don’t see anything wrong with those who need to transfer now or in the future grieving about the loss of the program. Most of us don’t know each other but my thoughts were that this is a community. Yes arguments and some trolling arise but all in all most of us are here to get a good deal.

I just pray that those of you who are giving people on this thread a hard time don’t end up in a situation where you have to transfer. There is a lot going on in the world right now. Try to have a little bit of empathy.

1 Like

I think empathy goes both way. Most automakers are getting slaughtered by the pandemic. Is it fair to expect MB to bleed money to allow a small subset of customers who wants to get out of their lease? I understand the frustration but to threaten class action lawsuit?

1 Like

I agree the suit is a bit much. We do sign the contract with no promise with the ability to transfer. So I’m not sure how far the suit will go.

Absolutely nowhere

4 Likes

yes there are folks who have genuine situation to get out of leases, but seems here on LH more complainers are of this kind

2 Likes

:slight_smile: could you elaborate what’s wrong with this post in your opinion? selling a lease to a company like Vroom seems legit to me. And avoiding leasing with US Bank/other creditors if they don’t allow it seems legit as well… I don’t see any complains in the post… just questions to experienced people.

1 Like

There’s a lot of empathy for most people in this predicament, not just MBFS transfers but lots of snafus across a lot of lessors like Porsche, Ally etc; other leases which can’t be transferred can’t even be sold to Carvana such as NMAC leases.

But there’s always the one guy who keeps repeating the same shit over and over and over… that guy needs to give it a rest.

2 Likes

Can still cost a lot of money for a defendant to make a suit go nowhere

Normally, I’d agree with you. I’d be surprised here if a lawyer would even take on the case.

IIRC there is an ambulance chaser section on Upwork.

Not sure why people are saying they lose a lot of money.
Example: I swapped out of my BMW M3 last week of April. Snagged a BMW M4 in May.
The brand gained another sale. I was 99% going to get another MB after swapping out of my MB.

1 Like

Well then, let’s look at it from your point of view. If they are making boatloads of money off of lease transfers, then why would they pause it indefinitely and thinking about getting rid of it permanently? Do they have aversions to profit and money?

Can this be related to the covid-19 related problems at DMVs creating backlogs for MB? Maybe, once DMVs are fully operational, they will continue processing lease transfers. Just a theory.

Possibly. When I transferred out of my M3, the other owner was not able to register the car as the DMV was/is still closed.
BMW asked me to give him my plates, which they then filed notarized paperwork releasing the plates to him once the lease is over.

Lots of people are going tru hard times with no fault of their own and need help getting out of a lease that they cant afford no more now MBFS cancels lease transfers and theses people are stuck with a the car Now their credit will take a big hit and it can hurt them financially BIG TIME
MBFS dont care about helping people in this epidemic great way to help America

As others have noted, MBFS’ lease transfer department is likely a cost center vs. a profit center for Mercedes. Per the lease contract, MBFS will still get ‘paid’ if someone elects to exit early. In my opinion, I view MBFS lease transfer as a customer satisfaction issue. i.e., Will Mercedes retain high customer satisfaction if they terminate lease transfers? I’ve leased 12+ Mercedes, and one of my reasons for selecting Mercedes is the flexibility that lease transfer affords. Admittedly, it likely is #8 or #9 on my top 10 for leasing a Mercedes well behind vehicle quality, design, etc. With the exception of an E class diesel that I leased some time back, I’ve noticed that the sweet spot for RV for most Mercedes is at 36 months. While Mercedes sometimes offers a 3-5 month pull ahead, my preference is to change cars every 24-27 months. So, I like the lease transfer option even if I don’t use it. Our 2 Mercedes leases are up in 1 year, so I may consider a BMW in the future given the lease transfer flexibility.

So will you stop leasing cars, if all banks disallowed transfer ?

A lease contract is no different than a finance contract or a mortgage or credit card bill or anything else you’re obligated to pay over time.

Anyone with a MB lease who desperately needs to get out of it can always trade down, refinance, sell the car, etc. Sure, you’ll most likely have to eat some negative equity, but if that’s what you have to do to make ends meet then that’s what you have to do.

MB is in the business of selling cars to make a profit. They’re not a charity or in business to hold your hand through all of life’s hard times.

2 Likes

Exactly. Should we void all contracts every time there is a recession? I hate to be the one to say it but the moral hazard in this country has gotten out of control.

Just like most other FI’s during these challenging times, MBFS has offered flexibility with payments. An example of this would be deferrals. Sadly, a global crisis does not mean that any one party is entitled to preferential treatment due to a change in financial circumstances. By the way, there are other ways to get out of a lease if you are “stuck”.

1 Like