CT4-V Blackwing

And even those had a “V”-shaped deprecation curve, no pun intended.

OP, if you are dead set on the car then go for it. It will take 6+ years to bottom out, and in the meantime you’re just along for the ride.

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 :rocket: :full_moon:

Something else to consider, it’s rarely the cars that are sitting around or getting discounted that will be in demand later. Sure there are a few exceptions, but a manual Supra or Civic Type R will probably stay in demand for a while.

I used to always shop for the car with the biggest rebates/discounts and then when it came time to sell/trade that car would take a massive depreciation hit. The desirable vehicles that are rarely discounted tend to hold their value better as a % of the purchase price.

I think that’s a great rule of thumb. And even well-known exceptions to this rule, such as the MK4 Supra and the NSX in the 90s, took over a decade to start appreciating. Until then they depreciated significantly from their already heavily-discounted selling prices new.

1 Like

When it comes to collectability, generally the key is to find the bottom of the depreciation curve rather than buy new.

Obv there are some exceptions, but that’s the reality for most collectible cars.

Since you asked us to guess, my guess would be 40% depreciation after 3 years and 30k miles. Hope this helps you. Good luck.

1 Like

Same depreciation for the CT5-V Blackwing? Considering one now after watching few more videos.

I would guess 25% if you can find a low optioned car.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.