CT:: Deal Check Please GMC Sierra 1500 Denali

Hey Guys,

First I want to start off by saying thank you for your time and please bear with me as I am new to the whole calculations.

Talking with someone from the dealership finally after seeing figures from rodo.com, attached is the calculator but I’m a little confused as to the acquisition fee and dealer fee etc… all I know is $499 doc fee and they estimated $500 for the dmv/registration fees, acquisition fee of $695… I messed with the numbers in the fee section to get the monthly correct so thats why it’s not adding up to the penny…

2020 Sierra 1500 Denali 69,670 MSRP

Pre-tax Monthly Payment: $680

Monthly Payment with Tax: $733

Drive-Off: $733

• First Month Payment: $733
  • Down Payment: $0
  • Upfront Fees: $0
  • Upfront Taxes: $0

Disposition
Fee : $495

Total Lease
Cost : $29,085

Leasehackr
Score : 8.4 years

Newest offer from the dealership is the following… they are giving me 18,641 on the trade in… I still owe 16570.45 on the trade in… they are taking first month from the difference and cutting me a check for 1371 so that would be 700 with tax a month for 39 months.

1 Like

I can tell you that I’ve been looking at pickups for about a month and, while I have not looked at GMC, my Leasehackr scores are similar to what you have. Not great, not terrible, but overall pretty high payments compared to what you can get for the same money in other vehicle categories. These things are just too expensive and without significant lease incentives the payment shoots through the roof.

2 Likes

I picked up a Denali a few weeks, you can find my thread here – I can offer some pointers.

Your discount, on the surface, looks great. These were selling so fast at the end of August I had to settle for the base supplier discount. Do you have a GM supplier code??

What engine are you looking into getting? If you are going w/ the 6.2L you should consider the 3.0L Duramax instead because they are offering a $1500 reduction on the diesel now and it’s really a great engine (I love it).

I don’t see any incentives applied to your deal. You don’t have conquest or loyalty?? Both are still active incentives on this model.

My deal has a slightly better score mostly attributed to the lower fees. You really need to figure out where those fees are coming from, they are effectively bringing down your discount. I can refer you to my dealer in PA, the fees will be lower but the discount may not be as high. Could be a wash.

Otherwise you are in the ballpark of a reasonable deal for a $70K truck. Definitely not a unicorn, I wasn’t able to find a unicorn here. You could obviously save some money and go with a Chevy RST or a GMC Sierra Elevation but I found the upgrade to the Denali to be worth it.

FWIW I am pretty big Rodo supporter, but I found all the denali deals on rodo to be bogus. Tried to close on two different listings and both of them the dealer bailed out and refused to honor the advertised price.

2 Likes

If OP is in Connecticut a trip to NY might be worth trying thanks to the 75 dollar capped doc fee, assuming they can get a similar discount over there.

1 Like

Funny you posted, I actually saw your truck which made me go for the sierra 1500 lol. Love the carbonpro package but too high of a ticket item lol.

Thank you for the info on rodo.com, the numbers look good and etc but I prefer working with someone face to face, but so tempted to go for the 3500 denalis because its cheaper then the 1500 on rodo!!

Not sure what you mean by GM Supplier code can you explain? I’m looking at the 6.2L V8 because I didn’t want to get into diesels, I know its not a big deal but just have ZERO experience with them but $1500 sounds good so I’ll ask to see if they have any in stock lol.

On Edmunds it says no incentives… I’m a registered nurse and currently have an Acura MDX lease.

My rep is off today but he said he’ll get me all the numbers tomorrow as far as RV, MF, Fees and etc… all he could tell me was 695 acq. 499 doc and 500 estimate for dmv fees… I had to up it to 2600 plus the 695acq to hit the monthly he quoted me…

I was considering the chevy but the denali grill ad features is well worth the extra premium.

I was considering making the trip to neighboring states but alot of dealership wouldn’t even TRY to match the numbers I was getting on rodo.com until finally this dealership from NJ is trying too.

I went to my local dealership and got quoted on a 63k MSRP Sierra 1500 AT4 truck @ $830/month with $1500 down. I showed them the numbers I got from rodo.com and they basically laughed and said “run and grab it before they change their minds”.

GM supplier is a program that gets you a fixed discount if your employer is a member of the program. If your employer is not a member, they also have a college graduate program that has similar features. The thing is, the discount you have negotiated is already BETTER then supplier, so this may not help you, but it gives the dealer a $1000 bonus, which sometimes they will share. Most recommend asking for at least $300 off fees to give the dealer a pin.

The diesel vs gas thing is a personal preference, but it’s hard to argue that the 3.0L isn’t a better deal right now, with the $1500 reduction and the amazing miles per gallon it achieves (double the 6.2L). I can tell you that GM makes it so easy to operate the diesel, aside from not every gas station having it, it really hasn’t been an issue for me.

With regards to incentives, try this link on edmunds. It still shows the $1500 conquest incentive active, which your MDX lease would qualify you for. It also shows a first responder incentive, which you may get as a registered nurse, but not 100% sure of that one. You can check on the first responder incentive here

If you roll all of this up together… $1500 Diesel engine, $1500 conquest, $300 supplier/college/responder, you could be looking at saving another $3300.

AT4 lease program is inferior to Denali, which is why the monthly is so much higher. It doesn’t really matter because people are buying AT4 regardless of the price. The biggest difference, IMO, AT4 vs Denali is the AT4 uses the more traditional suspension, so it can be more easily lifted and modified. The Denali uses the ARC suspension, which makes the shocks impossible to replace.

Thank you so much for all the information, I’m def going to bring up the the diesel engine and see if they have any in lot…

I told them I’m a RN and I think thats in the deal already… I graduated 1/2018… so not sure if I qualify for college…he never asked about leases in household so I will def bring that up…

Yeah AT4 are nice but I prefer the denali that extra 2 inch lift over stock height is nice tho but not big on the whole kalahari interior of the AT4…

I’ll keep you posted on the deal… hopefully I can get the ball rolling and get some traction on these incentives and breakdown in more detail.

Haven’t looked in a while but try Banks GMC in NH

thank you !! will do !

Newest offer from the dealership is the following… they are giving me 18,641 on the trade in… I still owe 16570.45 on the trade in… they are taking first month from the difference and cutting me a check for 1371 so that would be 700 with tax a month for 39 months.

2 Likes

Have you checked on carvana and vroom for what they would buy your current vehicle for? keeps the deal simple

I did and highest offer was by vroom and that’s the figure they actually matched at the dealership… plus I get the tax incentive on trade in this way which is around 1000ish.