Credit report for Sienna waitlist. Is it normal?

I’m in the market for a new Sienna. My dealership wants $1000 deposit + credit check just for me to get in the waitlist. I’m ok to put the deposit, but it doesn’t sound reasonable to run a credit check for a car that I even don’t know when to get. Is it normal for Toyota dealers to request a credit check for a waitlist? Btw, I’m located in the Seattle area where the car market is the worst for buyers.

no its not normal. try toyota of auburn or burien toyota

If a salesperson takes a deposit on an incoming car, and the customer isn’t approved because the salesperson didn’t take a DL/Credit App/Deposit, that salesperson can work elsewhere.

Don’t hold cars just for a signature.

I understand why the Sienna is desirable to families, but explain why on earth the demand went full port insanity over the last few years? It sure isn’t birth rates because those have fallen off a cliff!

1 Like

Not normal. The point of a waitlist is that if you aren’t approved there is someone else in line.

I think it’s because Toyota doesn’t do orders and has a weird sales channel setup so no one ever knows when they’ll actually get one or what it will be.

If willing to ship it from withing 500-1000 miles you can get one tomorrow for msrp

Dealers have no clue what they will get so if you want something in particular that’s the way to go

If you don’t want to do the leg work pm me

1 Like

The other minivan hybrid is Chrysler. No contest there.

Still think a carnival sx for 49 is a great alternative. And Toyota feeds me. Not a hybrid I know but for the price it’s a great product

1 Like

Thanks for the responses. After arguing with the dealer, they were willing to put me in the waitlist with just the ID check, not hard credit pull.

The dealer said they’ve seen many that don’t qualify for the loan, so wanted to make sure I have no issue buying it. But they were ok if I’m confident.

Please tell me you have a refundable deposit?

Yeah, that’s refundable

1 Like

Curious why not just buy from jim? Did you even discuss markup

Pnw is a disaster to find them. But I talked to him

I’m new to the forum and never bought a car online. But you gave me an assurance to proceed with Jim :slight_smile:

I think Carnival will be hybrid for 2025. But not so confident with its buid & ride quality.

1 Like

Check his reviews thread he has 100’s. Also never put a deposit without getting terms (markups, bumped MF for lease) in email or writing and even then plenty of dealers will rug pull you.

1 Like

Jim is the king of Toyota. No one is taking that crown from him.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.