Crazy new to leasing, but need a cheap car fast - Uber is adding up. I've found 2 leases, can you check them out?

Thanks in advance for the help - I’m crazy new to all of this, so I really appreciate the help!

So I’ve been using Uber to and from work every day and it’s adding up to about $25 each day.

So I’m looking for a cheap, decent car that’ll do the job. Now I’m not a car guy at all, so I know very little. So I just need it to be cheaper than what I’m spending on Uber, not completely butt ugly, and available this week.

My credit score is about 725, so that should be good.

So now a few things:

1. So I’ve found the following 2 leases that seem good. Can you share your thoughts on either?

2017 Tiguan:
https://www.newcenturyvw.com/special-offers

2018 C-HR XLE

1. I read the tips on this site and it mentioned you can definitely negotiate a lease. So based on those 2 cars and specials, what would you try for? And how would you go about asking?

2. Do you have any other suggestions for cars that would fit my points? I’m in Glendale, CA by the way, so they need to be somewhat local.

3. Also, I’m new to CA so I’m not up on the insurance rates yet. What would you expect the monthly/yearly insurance to be on each of the 2 previously mentioned cars?

4. And what abouts are the title and license fees in CA?

Thanks again for all the help, I appreciate it!

If you want a Toyota, contact @Cody_Carter.

2 Likes

Just sent him a message, thanks.

Have any thoughts on the other questions above?

although u said something cheaper than uber (currently running u $500/month, assuming $25/workday), u should be a little more specific in terms of ur price range

for the tiguan (which i looked into lease #s bc of 3rd row), read this first

Thanks for the info. And yeah, I’m looking for below $250 a month. Any other suggestions?

And on those 2 current cars, what would you negotiate for? WOuld it be a lower monthly, lower money down, etc.? I’m just not sure how you go about negotiating a lease for a car.

$0 Down $0 Drive off
$ 202.93 plus tax
CHR XLE

Can get you a corolla for under $200 including tax

2 Likes

Forget toyota of Glendale, very unprofessional and arrogant sales people. Cody here is the man for Toyota, he has crazy deals, I think the best value currently is on the camry se for around 235+tax with 0 down. You can also wait until weekend and see what mark christopher gmc/chevy in ontario has in their weekend ad, usually very good below 200 dollar deals with 0 down or minimum drive off. chevysalesgirl here in forum has also great deals on chevys. I have also posted while ago the following link which is updated weekly with best electric car offers.

good luck!

1 Like

Lots of great info - thanks very much!