Could I cancel and return my pending lease deal past 25 days

I signed a spot delivery stating needs lender final approval within 25 days. I got the vehicle on the 5th of May and during mid week I asked to follow up and they said they will look into it. I got nothing from the dealership nor did I get the us bank letter saying I can register my account online. I am currently still driving the vehicle I got; however, it is past 25 days and it seems based on the agreement that if this deal isn’t finalized by then, I can cancel it.

I still got the car surveys though as if it fully went through.

Did you try contacting dealer or US bank again to make sure it’s not lost mail ? If you received a survey from Honda means that the car has been reported to them as being owned by you.

Also, why do you want to return the vehicle after choosing it, signing it, driving it for almost a month ?

1 Like

I BELIEVE that 25 days means if they can’t get you financing, they can ask for the car back.
Not that if you don’t see any messages after 25 days you can give it back.

1 Like

After hearing us bank leases are hard to get out of. I went in a different dealership to see what my wife’s value on her lease and there was a finance manager said the same thing about how difficult us bank can be.

US bank told me the lease deal hasn’t been funded yet because of a correction needed on the dealer side. I talked to them last Friday. Within 25 days should have been 5/30 since my date of delivery is the 5th.

No, you should not return and cancel your pending lease deal.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.