Costco membership question. Deadline etc

Hello.

It seems like it is too late to sign up for Costco to reap the benefits of any lease deals. Based on some research, it seems like you can redeem a unique code with a costco membership. If my parents or my friends have Costco, is it possible to use their code to get a car for myself?

I am actually planning to get a lease for my wife who will be moving to the states after spending a long time overseas. I would really like to get the benefits of a Costco membership but to be honest, I do not currently have one. It seems like it’s too late to signup today but if I could use the unique code generated by my parents or even my friends, will I be able to get the benefit?

Please let me know! Any information is highly appreciated here.

The code is matched to a last name and address. If they live in the same address you are good to go

1 Like

Thanks you!!

I wonder if a foreign membership would work. Under the same household so last name = identical. Costco membership is global but my wife was in Korea for the past few years and her family had the membership. Now that she is moving back to the US, can she use? Sounds like a crazy question but will explore this.

$1500 is still a lot of savings so def worth exploring

and she is going to register it at their house?

probably cannot. So the current costco incentive is only available for customers who had a membership prior to 2/29/2024. Does Costco usually have another one start mid-year? Since the current one is only eligible up until 5/15, I am wondering if there will be another one after that. We will need a car by June… It only seemed like a $1,500 discount but it seems like a $1,500 discount on the entire lease…! Monthly prices are about $40 diff based on postings. I thought it was $1,500 off on the pricing of the car and would impact monthly car payments a lot less.

It’s the same thing.

It’s $1500 off the car, which roughly is $1500 off the lease.

Of course this is all moot since you don’t have a Costco card.

technically not. $1500 off car isnt the same as $1500 off lease. you’re paying the first 3 yrs of a car… whatever tho

Have you EVER been a Costco member? They go based off your original signup date, you would just need to renew.

Are you sure? I was a member like 10 years ago and renewed in March. I am unable to generate a certificate.

As long as it’s under the same card. I happened to have my old card stashed in a drawer. If you call they may be able to determine if you have a duplicate membership profile.

I’m going to look into this. Thank you!!