Costco Auto Buying Program Questions

I’m in WI but willing to drive to a dealership in the Midwest for the right vehicle. I’m looking for advice on leasing a car through Costco. Does anyone have any experience purchasing through Costco? Can I go to the dealership with the price sheet and ask to lease the vehicle instead of purchasing it? Sorry if it’s a dumb question, I’m a newb.

What price sheet?
Costco doesn’t give one. They show rebates or sometimes they give promos for usually a single brand (Volvo is this month)

The Costco selling price can be used for lease or purchase (assuming they didn’t use purchase incentives to get there)

They are talking about Costco auto buying program, its a lead source for dealers. Completely different than costco rebates on certain cars

2 Likes

It’s not a dumb question but IMO it’s the wrong question.

What car are you looking at? Does it have good RV and MF? Otherwise it doesn’t matter what, where or how you negotiate with a dealership.

Like Jeff stated, they are just a lead source for dealers, I have gone to a few dealers that were on their “list” and the dealers won’t offer anything other than show you that that you are a VIP customer and proceed to play games. Don’t bother.

OTOH some dealers do honor the pricing. Was especially useful during Covid when MSRP was the lowest many dealers would go.

Good to hear some dealers were willing to play ball. The dealers I hit during Covid all offered “VIP pricing” that was usually MSRP and they brought out a special price sheet to display Costco prices. Then they added non-negotiable blessings on top.

These are some examples of what was sent to me. I tried reading the guides here but it sounded like a foreign language. I keep on looking on here for good deals but they are region-specific or fancy luxury cars.

I am interested in leasing a hatchback or subcompact or compact SUV. I would like to stay within 300-400 a month

I saw this lease deal and think it might be good? : 2024 Subaru Crosstrek

Just $299/month lease!

Offer Expires 6/30/2023

$2999 down or trade in plus tax, title license, dealer fee. 36 months, 10K miles/year. $0 security deposit. Crosstrek Premium RRB13 MSRP $27440. VIN: JF2GUADCXRH217830. To approved credit. See dealer for details and inventory information. Vehicle may not be in stock. Custom order may be required. Estimated delivery to be provided upon ordering.

These don’t exist right now. We went through a multi month drought where all there was was Mercedes EVs (which are dead now) and Jeep GC 4xe base model.

TLDR just finance the Subaru.

1 Like

I have never gotten more preposterous prices than by putting my contact info into this lead generator.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.